Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tea Party philosophy is essentially that of Anarchists, except that the party members are too fat and old to bomb anything.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
How much of a fascist do you have to be to think Paul Ryan isn't conservative enough? :panic:

To show how crazy Republican politics have become, even the Freedom Caucus members are being branded as sellouts by some of their most militant constituents who are being riled up by the right-wing media and paleo-conservative interest groups. What is their supposed apostasy? Most of them have agreed to support Ryan for the speaker’s job, and the hard right does not trust Ryan’s conservative credentials, either on budget issues or on immigration.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i don't think we should be overjoyed about anyone who is running....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I managed to catch about 3 minutes of the debate while channel surfing. They were asking Jeb how he would defend the idea that Republican presidents create more jobs when:
Clinton = 200k or so a month
Obama = 150k or so a month
GWB = 10k or so a month

His response was that the 10k jobs GWB created were "quality jobs" then went on to say 1 in 10 is unemployed, 1 in 7 in poverty, blah, blah, blah.

I just got mad, but my facebook blew up with the right wing crazies about how awesome the "Fox Business" debate was. :panic:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Admittedly those figures are misleading. Jobs created to fill a void (a la Obama after the GWB jobs-cratering event) aren't equivalent to those created to spend paper riches (a la Clinton in the dot com boom). Hmm, where am I going with this? :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Or was Clinton also filling a void left by the Sr Bush?

Maybe what this country needs is another Republican to "spur job growth"? :rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Say it with me folks . . . stochastic. S-T-O-C-H-A-S-T-I-C . . . Stochastic! It's like "stoic" and "fantastic" all rolled up into one awesome little word! Yay!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Or was Clinton also filling a void left by the Sr Bush?

Maybe what this country needs is another Republican to "spur job growth"? :rofl:

What we need are some of those good ole quality jobs, like the military contracters that were spreading all that freedom abroad.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Say it with me folks . . . stochastic. S-T-O-C-H-A-S-T-I-C . . . Stochastic! It's like "stoic" and "fantastic" all rolled up into one awesome little word! Yay!
Stochastic terrorism, that is fucking rich. By definition, stochastic is random. Unless you get to an elemental quantum level, few things are ever random. Chaotic systems, like the roll of a dice, can be considered as random or stochastic but even then it is a cop out. Easier to call it random than to bother breaking down the painful details. If you truly controlled the initial conditions, the roll of a dice is a perfectly predictable deterministic system.

When someone has a clearly defined motive, has access and ability to execute such events, calling it stochastic is little more than being lazy and not bothering to attempt to understand an albeit chaotic system, but one that has a clear deterministic cause and effect.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Stochastic terrorism, that is fucking rich. By definition, stochastic is random. Unless you get to an elemental quantum level, few things are ever random. Chaotic systems, like the roll of a dice, can be considered as random or stochastic but even then it is a cop out. Easier to call it random than to bother breaking down the painful details. If you truly controlled the initial conditions, the roll of a dice is a perfectly predictable deterministic system.

When someone has a clearly defined motive, has access and ability to execute such events, calling it stochastic is little more than being lazy and not bothering to attempt to understand an albeit chaotic system, but one that has a clear deterministic cause and effect.
ok, sure. how about "puppeteerorism"?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
That moment when you go to do a photoshop pisstake and realize you don't have to do anything as the pics are close enough already?
Yeah I just had one of those moments.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have you noticed that the Canukistani's export their unwanted in your direction a lot?
Celine
Bieber
Trump

And you bitch about the Mexicans?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Take the maple leafs off of their backpacks and they blend in too easily.