Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
"to work towards a spirit of not just tolerance but a spirit of acceptance and welcoming towards unmasked individuals"

:eek:
The fuck!!!!!!!

How about this more accurate version Russ...
"to work towards a spirit of not just tolerance but a spirit of acceptance and welcoming towards unmasked individuals bent on killing you & your family thru their moronic stupidity and self centered sassholeness"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Won't somebody create some safe spaces for the unmasked community?

View attachment 148100
"to work towards a spirit of not just tolerance but a spirit of acceptance and welcoming towards unmasked individuals"

:eek:
The fuck!!!!!!!

How about this more accurate version Russ...
"to work towards a spirit of not just tolerance but a spirit of acceptance and welcoming towards unmasked individuals bent on killing you & your family thru their moronic stupidity and self centered sassholeness"
my state has some real fucking idiots in it.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
........the proper evolutionary reflection of the assholes he represents.

Just like the earlier howdy doody motherfuckers they elected in 1980 and 2000 by telling everyone the cowboy hat meant John Wayne.

This one is just more overtly racist, un-apologetically stupid, and even deeper in the hole of an heir who tells everyone they're a business man. And all three of those assholes in the Lincoln project brought us to this point.

You don't introduce the world to sarah palin and then suddenly have a conscience about exploiting stupidity and intolerance. You don't cash the checks from literally the Trump campaign in 2016 and then suddenly get to blame the figurehead.

Cute videos and all but in many ways those fools are so much worse than trump. Because they can always make another one. And they will if the money's right.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world

Just like the earlier howdy doody motherfuckers they elected in 1980 and 2000 by telling everyone the cowboy hat meant John Wayne.

This one is just more overtly racist, un-apologetically stupid, and even deeper in the hole of an heir who tells everyone they're a business man. And all three of those assholes in the Lincoln project brought us to this point.

You don't introduce the world to sarah palin and then suddenly have a conscience about exploiting stupidity and intolerance. You don't cash the checks from literally the Trump campaign in 2016 and then suddenly get to blame the figurehead.

Cute videos and all but in many ways those fools are so much worse than trump. Because they can always make another one. And they will if the money's right.
Sorta related: https://mobile.twitter.com/doctorow/status/1289591443263090688

It at least accurately mirrors my irritation when I hear about „the left“ you supposedly have over there.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Ooh the Kansas book author. I should probably read that but the summary just tells me things I already know.

"the Left" at this point is just a fabricated boogie man as much as it is a political bent.

But that's why people like AOC are getting so much attention. We kinda done with the pelosi era of someone sitting above 2 $10k refridgerators showing off her haggen daz collection being the voice of the working class.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

This is the reason I posted that article. I was an early critic of these types of Republicans, "suddenly" aware of the monster they created. I read these sorts of articles only with the most gleeful Schadenfreude in my heart. Bemoaning the sinking ship that you helped cast afloat in the first place doesn't garner much sympathy from me. I just think it's important to, 1: recognize these "good Republicans" for what they are, and 2:. That just because we happen to agree a sinking ship of state is bad, the fact that you "dared" to speak first, doesn't absolve you. When this is all over, please shut your pie-holes, you opportunistic self serving vultures, and crawl back under the rocks from whence you came.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Sorta related: https://mobile.twitter.com/doctorow/status/1289591443263090688

It at least accurately mirrors my irritation when I hear about „the left“ you supposedly have over there.
"Democrats are not a leftists. Frank: they're "the bought-and-paid-for vehicle of affluent and highly educated professionals. It dutifully bails out the geniuses on Wall Street. It responsibly obeys the economists who tell us about the wonders of ‘free trade"

Ooh the Kansas book author. I should probably read that but the summary just tells me things I already know.

"the Left" at this point is just a fabricated boogie man as much as it is a political bent.

But that's why people like AOC are getting so much attention. We kinda done with the pelosi era of someone sitting above 2 $10k refridgerators showing off her haggen daz collection being the voice of the working class.
Shhh......

I've been called an extremist and been lambasted by this boards "moderates" for saying these exact things. People who clearly just learned the term, eager to throw the Overton Window back in my face, lest suburban Massachusetts become too uncomfortable.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
interesting read about the Lincoln Project folks. I think Ross Douthat is the "voice of the right" at the NYT. I'm paraphrasing a bit, but essentially he's saying: "you created this mess, get outta here". https://nyti.ms/3fLHaaR

he still doesn't articulate what a "renewed centre-right" Republican party would stand for... imo, that usually stands for "we want to govern, by any means necessary"....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

If you don't live for something you'll die for nothing.
I dunno man, did you see any of the RNC? Seemed pretty clear to me that amphetamines, anger, white grievance, and paranoia are the platform for 2020.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I dunno man, did you see any of the RNC? Seemed pretty clear to me that amphetamines, anger, white grievance, and paranoia are the platform for 2020.
from what you have there....leave out white grievance....can not tell the difference in either side.....

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
can not tell the difference in either side.....
Good to know americans still prefer lazy indifference masquerading as insightful apathy to difficult tasks like reading :rofl:

I mean hell I can't see a single thing that's happened differently in the last 4 years. Cept for all the empowered nazis, open racism and a press that's just given themselves over to no choice but to regulary point out administration lies. :rofl:

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Good to know americans still prefer lazy indifference masquerading as insightful apathy to difficult tasks like reading :rofl:

I mean hell I can't see a single thing that's happened differently in the last 4 years. Cept for all the empowered nazis, open racism and a press that's just given themselves over to to choice but to regulary point out administration lies. :rofl:
I think even "balanced" new outlets are about to lose it... I'm waiting patiently for either Reuters or the AP to come out with an article that says, "You know that shit that the Orange Twatwaffle said last night? We can't find a SHRED of truth in ANY of it."

:rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

I mean hell I can't see a single thing that's happened differently in the last 4 years. Cept for all the empowered nazis, open racism and a press that's just given themselves over to to choice but to regulary point out administration lies. :rofl:

remind me of the choices again

the orange racist or the silver haired forgetful racist....

siler haired grandpa wins....