Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
if they weren't afraid of drumpf24 they'd be kicking him to the curb for good right now.
One of the things that drives me crazy is when people talk about the 'talent' that trump has to amass support. It's not talent, it's literally just showing the most juvenile, selfish and garish side of humanity........and so much of america is like that, they holla back. That's not 'talent' that's just farting in a room and everyone laughs....and then running on that as a political position.

But he has shown how powerful that can be in a nation of idiots. They won't be kicking him to the curb. I see rush limbaugh 2.0 happening. The real one bout dead from lung cancer personal choice and freedom anyway.

What's going to be funny is watching trump tv push aside all the lesser voices that got him elected.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
One of the things that drives me crazy is when people talk about the 'talent' that trump has to amass support. It's not talent, it's literally just showing the most juvenile, selfish and garish side of humanity........and so much of america is like that, they holla back. That's not 'talent' that's just farting in a room and everyone laughs....and then running on that as a political position.

But he has shown how powerful that can be in a nation of idiots. They won't be kicking him to the curb. I see rush limbaugh 2.0 happening. The real one bout dead from lung cancer personal choice and freedom anyway.

What's going to be funny is watching trump tv push aside all the lesser voices that got him elected.
hopefully trump tv leads to him starting his own political party, and pulling away enough of the GOP base that neither party is viable.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
One of the things that drives me crazy is when people talk about the 'talent' that trump has to amass support. It's not talent, it's literally just showing the most juvenile, selfish and garish side of humanity........and so much of america is like that, they holla back.
It's more of like how mass rotates around/towards a black hole. He's the event horizon of shitty, stupid people. By the very laws of nature, they attract each other. They can't help it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's more of like how mass rotates around/towards a black hole. He's the event horizon of shitty, stupid people. By the very laws of nature, they attract each other. They can't help it.
And it's shown the RNC how powerful that can be. 70M votes without a party platform literally just happened. Just be a dick and half the country will love you.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
but does it matter? the courts are stacked, and will remain that way for a fair bit of time... https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/opinion/trump-religion-authoritarianism.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

and

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Raskin: “That is the essential problem. A completely separate media system with its own propaganda reality has grown up around Donald Trump. The Republican party today is like a massive religious cult surrounding an organised crime family headed by a deranged narcissist. It’s very hard for the Republicans to disenthrall themselves from that warped epistemological system. It’s just a separate reality.”

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The comments section on Fox News bears out the alternative reality piece. It’s insane. So many people who are 100% wrong about what has happened and, even worse, why. People who literally seem to be from an alternative universe. You have big problems. A shared reality would be a good step up; I think education is where it has to start.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The comments section on Fox News bears out the alternative reality piece. It’s insane. So many people who are 100% wrong about what has happened and, even worse, why. People who literally seem to be from an alternative universe. You have big problems. A shared reality would be a good step up; I think education is where it has to start.

Perhaps a long term solution. But you have met Brian, do you think education will do anything?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The unfortunate, and self-evident sad truth is that the right has bent these peoples brains with TV and repetitive messages. This needs to be countered.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Having watched enough videos of proud boys street brawls, I foresee a violent culling of their gang, and soon. Somebody out there is just itching to get in the mix and to open fire on a mob of them, in self defense of course.