Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
How the Republican Party could Break: https://nyti.ms/3id4dhG
"But breaking points do come, and the violent endgame of the Trump presidency has exposed a new divide in the conservative coalition — not a normal ideological division or an argument about strategy or tactics, but a split between reality and fantasy that may be uniquely hard for either self-interest or statesmanship to bridge."

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
How the Republican Party could Break: https://nyti.ms/3id4dhG
"But breaking points do come, and the violent endgame of the Trump presidency has exposed a new divide in the conservative coalition — not a normal ideological division or an argument about strategy or tactics, but a split between reality and fantasy that may be uniquely hard for either self-interest or statesmanship to bridge."
The new york times should fire half it's editorial board and put that money into investigative journalism in remote offices across the country.

Way too much self absorbed navel gazing going on in that joint. Washington post too.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The new york times should fire half it's editorial board and put that money into investigative journalism in remote offices across the country.

Way too much self absorbed navel gazing going on in that joint. Washington post too.
across the country. and around the world... Though I think the investigative journalism is still there, it's just buried in the farther reaches of its site. Often times, I find out about it when it's reported on by other news media. :doh:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Guess which is a lot cheaper to produce?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

In the age of 20sec tiktoks and 5 second youtube ads.... Who would read that?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In the age of 20sec tiktoks and 5 second youtube ads.... Who would read that?
this guy

Journalism doesn't need to be a novel. Both those agencies I mentioned are already doing more video content. And really, have we not learned anything about catering to morons this week?

(don't answer that)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Excellent read

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Pretty decent read until that bit about:
For generations, most Americans understood themselves as children of a loving God...
I thought the same thing, but coming from Ben Sasse not a real surprise given how long he's spent being wrong about most things. I'm sure it speaks well to his constituients, who really are the ones that need to be reading that article.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I thought the same thing, but coming from Ben Sasse not a real surprise given how long he's spent being wrong about most things. I'm sure it speaks well to his constituients, who really are the ones that need to be reading that article.
I SMDH at the - we don’t want to affiliate with Q - message blended with the - but things were better when everyone thought this was a Christian country. You know, we don’t want to be labeled as racists, but...

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Hey Kevin,
Your idiot base may not remember, but I do.

"“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy said in the recording of a June 15 exchange obtained and published by the Washington Post. At that point, House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) cut off the conversation and swore those present to secrecy."

https://www.axios.com/report-gop-rep-dana-rohrabacher-referenced-in-affidavit-of-russian-spy-3b29a9be-d6d9-4d3d-9bf8-0eac4919a25c.html
You got what you wanted, you treasonous fuck.