Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
OK, Trumpie.
I too have right leaning friends, and we ride, and discuss things fairly civilly. However, the difference is that they aren’t impervious to logic and reality. And aren’t ‘a little bit racist’, which, I have to say, you come across as, whether intended or not.
I sincerely apologize if I am wrong in this, it’s just the vibe I get.
I’m happy to pipe down now, I have made my point.
May peace be with you.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
OK, Trumpie.
I too have right leaning friends, and we ride, and discuss things fairly civilly. However, the difference is that they aren’t impervious to logic and reality. And aren’t ‘a little bit racist’, which, I have to say, you come across as, whether intended or not.
May peace be with you.
Racist? You got to be fucking kidding me! My wife is Mexican, one of my closest friends is Asian and a good riding/softball buddy is African American. I have gay friends too, and by the way I'm 100% Jewish. I don't judge by race or sex! I judge by, you're either a good person or you're a piece of shit. Now we may not see eye to eye, I have my opinion and you have yours. I don't buy into the full rightwing ultra conservative side. However I think the left media tries to distract from what's really happening with the current administration. Anyways if we were to ever meet, I'd be more than happy to buy you a beer!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ditto, tell your wife I have attended Passover Seders in Lima in Spanish and Hebrew, what a trip!
I guess ai just assumed that anyone who defends Trump is, by association, a racist.
my bad (but hot damn, can you blame me for thinking that, with all of the fine examples of enlightened Trumpies out there?)
I mean, his son in law and daughter are Jewish, but he says anti-Semitic things all the time).

Why mention me? I don't talk shit about you, but for some reason you can't stop with the obsession. I have good friends that are over the top liberals, we have our debates however can sit knock down some beers and walk away as great friends. Kinda pathetic you're so fixated on my political views and the sad part is, I don't give two shits about yours.
It's easier to talk face to face than in the inane babble of a forum.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
how about we all try to not personally attack each other? I've heard plenty from Brian and others that I don't agree with, but you should be able to debate/argue the matter and remain :monkey: . (/soapbox)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
how about we all try to not personally attack each other? I've heard plenty from Brian and others that I don't agree with, but you should be able to debate/argue the matter and remain :monkey: . (/soapbox)
I'm the one being constantly attacked here. I don't align politicly with others here, but no reason to hate because if it. Especially if you've never met the person. I've met/rode with several :monkey:'s here over the last 20+ years and I thought everyone was pretty cool to hang with & always had a good time. Then again, I don't lose too much sleep over the Brian bashing. I really can't complain about my life, its pretty damn good. Just seems sad that some here seem totally miserable all they do is complain and blame others for it. Now my main focus for today is, where do I ride on Saturday?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
OK, Trumpie.
May peace be with you.
Not racist or anti-Semitic. But happy to lie in the same bed as a means to an end. Totally different.

:rolleyes:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Why mention me? I don't talk shit about you, but for some reason you can't stop with the obsession. I have good friends that are over the top liberals, we have our debates however can sit knock down some beers and walk away as great friends. Kinda pathetic you're so fixated on my political views and the sad part is, I don't give two shits about yours.
sometimes I think to myself, this is the America I know : "able to talk and disagree, but still remain civil".

but then when I'm going through other threads and find this
So Victoria Nuland has no credibility? She's your people "democrat". I was just pointing out her response, and she seemed concerned & nervous when asked. I never mentioned bio weapons, just pointed out something during a hearing between Rubio & Nuland. Maybe there is something in that lab that if gets into the wrong hands can turn into another Covid type outbreak? Hope its all a bunch of BS, but who knows. Then again, aren't we're still waiting for all that proof Adam Schiff said he has with Trump & Russian collusion? Anyways this whole thing is the media's way of distracting everyone from the way the Biden administration is preforming in fear that Trump will run again in 2024 & win.
I get a bit of cognitive dissonance. You claim to be all about respecting people and coming together around bikes, but then you go and write stuff that's designed to drive a wedge between people and defines them as the "other". And you do this constantly.

I know people will say "just put him on the ignore list", but you asked "why mention me?", so I figure I'd point it out to you. As you say, there's no harm in talking about things we don't agree about. And I don't think I agree you are being frank when you say you're all about being open and welcoming.

just sayin'

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
sometimes I think to myself, this is the America I know : "able to talk and disagree, but still remain civil".

but then when I'm going through other threads and find this

I get a bit of cognitive dissonance. You claim to be all about respecting people and coming together around bikes, but then you go and write stuff that's designed to drive a wedge between people and defines them as the "other". And you do this constantly.

I know people will say "just put him on the ignore list", but you asked "why mention me?", so I figure I'd point it out to you. As you say, there's no harm in talking about things we don't agree about. And I don't think I agree you are being frank when you say you're all about being open and welcoming.

just sayin'
I hear you. However with that being said, from my initial post followed by a video of an exchange between 2 members of the US government I was jumped on. That's where that post above came from.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I don't know why you guys let yourself get sucked into the idea that political sides have anything to do with it. Brain's posted some of the most epic shit in the history of this forum :rofl:

brain2.JPG

brain3.JPG

these two posts are on the same page even....

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I mean my god, the well is just so deep

View attachment 173616

see guys, he wouldn't resort to name calling.....

View attachment 173622
I'm referring to the people on RM. And for the Hawaii post? Got to admit I was torn. My options were go to Washington and storm the Capitol, Hawaii or stay home freaked out hidden under the bed posting on bike forums. Trump was a bit bummed I wasn't able to make it to the Capitol but my Viking hat was still at the dry cleaners and wouldn't be ready in time. So that's how I ended up in Hawaii during that event sitting on the balcony overlooking the ocean drinking coffee before going surfing for a few hours.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm referring to the people on RM. And for the Hawaii post? Got to admit I was torn. My options were go to Washington and storm the Capitol, Hawaii or stay home freaked out hidden under the bed posting on bike forums. Trump was a bit bummed I wasn't able to make it to the Capitol but my Viking hat was still at the dry cleaners and wouldn't be ready in time. So that's how I ended up in Hawaii during that event sitting on the balcony overlooking the ocean drinking coffee before going surfing for a few hours.

johnoliverdope.gif

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
GOP candidate is full of shit, film at 11 maybe?

To be fair he didn't say the top 1% academically. He was in the top 1% of running backs or even football players, just not academically or actual graduating.

Also a lot of professional grade athletes never graduate not because they leave school early but because they just take a bunch of easy electives to maintain their grades and would never have earned credits in the appropriate classes to earn a degree.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
To be fair he didn't say the top 1% academically. He was in the top 1% of running backs or even football players, just not academically or actual graduating.

Also a lot of professional grade athletes never graduate not because they leave school early but because they just take a bunch of easy electives to maintain their grades and would never have earned credits in the appropriate classes to earn a degree.
He also said he was valedictorian in high school, so there is that..