Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk of Florida boycotts...

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/2023/07/07/unfriendly-political-environment-broward-convention-center-cancellations-blame-florida-as-reason-for-exodus/

I fail to see how a state that makes much of its income from tourism would benefit from alienating half (35%?) of its customers.

Rhonda is too far out over "their" skis with the fight vs Disney and the education system...

#ThankFSMMyWokeKidsHateDisney
I've boycotted florida since trump got elected and my damn family lives there.

#principles

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is gonna be a weird election. I wonder if we’ll see it boil down to two “pick the least worst” options or of we’ll see some Sanders/Perot/etc. third figure arise to split the votes up.
i've heard rumors that the "No Labels" party (in the below article) is being secretly funded with dark money from GOP backers to back a third party candidate in an attempt to sway votes away from Biden (or whoever the Dem nominee winds up being) in '24

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i've heard rumors that the "No Labels" party (in the below article) is being secretly funded with dark money from GOP backers to back a third party candidate in an attempt to sway votes away from Biden (or whoever the Dem nominee winds up being) in '24

Is it my Covid brain fog, or wasn’t there a situation where Dems were funding extreme right candidates so that they’d look more reasonable/attractive to a wider group of voters?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Is it my Covid brain fog, or wasn’t there a situation where Dems were funding extreme right candidates so that they’d look more reasonable/attractive to a wider group of voters?
I believe that was reported in congressional contests for the last election in a few places.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
i think that may have just been an accusation from the right, i don't recall seeing any evidence
I know that some people were (mostly joking) about donating to Chris Christie's campaign just so that he could meet the debate eligibility requirements and tear into him on stage. Not that it seems likely that Trump will even participate.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Grifters all the way down. It must be an amazing business now that the internet has made marks so easy to find.

Former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani have promoted the coins, while ads for Lear's competitors have appeared on a podcast hosted by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Newsmax broadcasts of former president Donald Trump's political rallies.