Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
LOL. Have you ever seen how US politics work?
What I find interesting is that there is very little in my news feeds regarding the turtle and what there is describes him leaving the lectern like it was his idea and not that he was rescued and led away vacantly staring into space. The video lies, do not believe your eyes. However, if Biden stutters, it is all over the fucking place. Then it is infuriating to hear the right wing mob complain about the libtard press.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
What I find interesting is that there is very little in my news feeds regarding the turtle and what there is describes him leaving the lectern like it was his idea and not that he was rescued and led away vacantly staring into space. The video lies, do not believe your eyes. However, if Biden stutters, it is all over the fucking place. Then it is infuriating to hear the right wing mob complain about the libtard press.
to be fair, one is the president and the other is just a senator out of 100.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Could we short-circuit them if we start a "Hunter for President" campaign?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
When your party is self-destructing, the only thing to do is to attempt to disenfranchise those you deem "the enemy."

I think what they'll end up doing is alienating middle-road voters even more... if that's actually possible.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When your party is self-destructing, the only thing to do is to attempt to disenfranchise those you deem "the enemy."

I think what they'll end up doing is alienating middle-road voters even more... if that's actually possible.
The only thing Republicans hate more than a liberal is a moderate. When your only attraction is a culture war you need extremes on both sides.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Something something projection

link is dead for some reason
(deep state.....probably)

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
So a mega donor wants a more moderate GOP candidate. Are they aware of what the party stands for now?

Smokescreen. Responding to the shitty poles. Dial it back until you get elected, then full steam ahead to fascism.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Smokescreen. Responding to the shitty poles. Dial it back until you get elected, then full steam ahead to fascism.
It actually usually works the other way, show you are bat shit crazy to secure the primary, then drift to the middle when actually confronted with a not necessarily amenable Congress or Senate. But yes, this time is different due to our current 'Cold Civil War' atmosphere. And unbalanced Supreme Court.