Quantcast

Are we witnessing the death of the Republican Party?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I had this sent to me, and was told it was worth a listen. I got a few minutes in and lost my shit. See how deep you can take it?

For our 2020 Fourth of July episode, Miroslav Volf interviews Andrew Whitehead and Samuel Perry, sociologists and authors of Taking America Back For God: Christian Nationalism in the United States. What is Christian Nationalism? Why does it matter? How powerful is it in American life? Who counts as a Christian Nationalist? They discuss the tendency of Christian Nationalism to use Christianity as a tribal identity marker or tool for power, rather than an authentic sign of faith or commitment to a the way of Jesus or the practice of his teaching. They discuss Christian Nationalism in racial perspective, comparing African-American and white conservative approaches to Christianity and the Nation. And the conversation draws out important implications for the meaning of the separation of church and state, and the viability of a robust public faith in American life.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
"We don't really care if ni***ers and sp*cs can't vote"
-Your average GOP member

WTAF? :disgust:

part of the reason voting rights activists have targeted the precinct rule is that voters sometimes inadvertently cast their ballots at the wrong polling station because their assigned location is not always the closest one to their homes.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hmmm, works for me. The internet cable under the ocean must be out of order.

Antrim County Michigan...Sheryl Guy...2020 POTUS election...Dominion. Google.
Yeah it's behind a paywall here in the states, and apparently in NZ as well. So I fired up a Tor Onion browserª to pretend I'm somewhere else and DAMN... that is a long article. I was gonna copypasta it here for the unwashed masses, but it's really long. Haven't read it yet, but I'll have a look.

ª Which should be another nifty little tool in your kit to get around paywalls and stuff... in addition to the Chrome/FF browser plugin that @kidwoo linked to somewhere else in this forum.