Quantcast

Are Western DH racers faster than EC racers?

Summit

Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
here 'n there
And for the record, there are tons of guys out east who smoke me on a DH course anywhere. I'd be losing by a healthy margin in Cat 1/Am/Expert/whatever in eastern races as well...and that's OK. Leaves me plenty of room for improvement :)

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Mmmm good point. It's a tragedy I know, but I've never had Yuengling. Gotta love Magic Hat, Summit, Great Lakes, etc.

And FYI New Belgium makes some far better brews than Fat Tire.

I would rather drink a cup of piss than drink Magic Hat, and the brewery is 10 minutes from me.

Terrible beer.

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
I never said that east coast wasnt fast. Just not west coast fast. And I dont know where you think there is all this year round downhill in the pnw. Even in southern oregon all the dh trails are covered in snow for the winter months. To ride dh year round you have to be in so cal. Granted the WC guys are from the south generally but thats talking about the top one percent of racers. Im not gunna e-argue, Im just stating what I have seen.
This isn't e-arguing.

All the riders you stated are from SO CAL or train in SO CAL during winter, including Strobel. Therefore they ride year round.

I think your getting "west coast fast" confused with Vertical distance you can ride. You will rarely do over 40+ on any mountain. Some mountains out west you can sustain the speed for a longer distance, but it isn't faster.