Quantcast

Are you a redneck?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
That's not redneck, that's a great product. Every man should be able to get a beer without getting out of the water...I wish I would have invented that thing!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
My grandfather used to tie a six pack to his anchor chain. When he'd haul it up for another beer, they were always nice and cold.

Neato cooler...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Silver said:
My grandfather used to tie a six pack to his anchor chain. When he'd haul it up for another beer, they were always nice and cold.

Neato cooler...
Hahahaha...I do the same thing to this day but with a slight modification- I have a length of chain cut to provide just enough ballast to the 6pak that it will not bob back to the surface if disconnected from the anchor's tie loop. I found that with a little shallow-water experimentation, it was possible to set up so that a very sharp tug on the anchor line rips the 6-pak free of the anchor and 'deep-sixes' it while normal overhand retrieval brings it safely to the surface. I do the same thing with my little waterproof "beach/waterpark" container. Low-tech insurance for when you decide to mellow out on a body of water frequented by the DNR/Po-Po. :evil:

NOTE: Floating coolers are ideal, however, on tubing and rafting runs where alcohol consumption is not frowned on by the authorities, e.g. New River in Christiansburg.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
llkoolkeg said:
Hahahaha...I do the same thing to this day but with a slight modification- I have a length of chain cut to provide just enough ballast to the 6pak that it will not bob back to the surface if disconnected from the anchor's tie loop. I found that with a little shallow-water experimentation, it was possible to set up so that a very sharp tug on the anchor line rips the 6-pak free of the anchor and 'deep-sixes' it while normal overhand retrieval brings it safely to the surface. I do the same thing with my little waterproof "beach/waterpark" container. Low-tech insurance for when you decide to mellow out on a body of water frequented by the DNR/Po-Po. :evil:

NOTE: Floating coolers are ideal, however, on tubing and rafting runs where alcohol consumption is not frowned on by the authorities, e.g. New River in Christiansburg.

:think: Does that work for baggies too? :eek:

LOL!!!!!!

:D