Quantcast

Are you absentminded?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I had the queasiest feeling this weekend when I could not find my new Ipod. I felt so stupid for losing my $300 gadget.

Today I finally realized that I had stuck it into my laptop case, which I rarely use. I was so relieved, even though I had still not actually found it, but just knew where I put it.

Anyone else absentminded?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:wave:

Big time.

My biggest challange when I'm wrenching on my bike is where I put the tool that I just set down a minute ago.

I'm fairly good about not losing expensive electronics - I always know where my camera is, for instance. But I'm extremely absent minded about my daily life.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
what was the question again ?

heck that's probably why i gave up most x-c riding for downhilling.
if i forget where i am.
i can always just point it down and eventually end up in the parking lot.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I spent a good hour looking for my sunglasses on Sunday.
So where were they?
The spice rack, sitting next to the goddamned oregeno:rofl:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
binary visions said:
:wave:

Big time.

My biggest challange when I'm wrenching on my bike is where I put the tool that I just set down a minute ago.

I'm fairly good about not losing expensive electronics - I always know where my camera is, for instance. But I'm extremely absent minded about my daily life.
:stupid: Same thing for me...When I lose a tool while working on my bike, i get so pissed off looking for it for 20min. Then, my brother finds it in under a minute...

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Keys, cellphone, Ipod, sunglasses, wallet and even my garagedoor opener(it never leaves my car) I lose at least once a month and some times a day. Stupid ADD

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Zark said:
I spent a good hour looking for my sunglasses on Sunday.
So where were they?
The spice rack, sitting next to the goddamned oregeno:rofl:
right where they belonged ?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
dhbuilder said:
right where they belonged ?
Of course! The spice rack is specifically designed for sunglasses, ISCG adapter plates and oh yeah spices:rofl:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Trainwreck said:
I have a problem with keys. If it wasn't for the wife I'd never be able to leave the house...
I had this problem constantly. Jenn bought a key basket and started reminding me every time I left my keys somewhere other than the basket.

Once in a while I'll still forget but it's been suprisingly effective - 98% of the time my keys are, shockingly, in the basket where they belong.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I couldn't find my sun glasses this morning and I have two pair!

My wife got me one of those caddy things that has a spot for my wallet, phone, and keys. I have been fairly good about even using it :D

I wish it had a spot for my shades, I might not have this issue.

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
im usually good about not losing things but recently on a camping/fishing trip i lost my handheld gps. I had the most horrible feeling once i realized i just dropped $400 in the lake.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Bullitrider said:
Has anyone ever misplaced their cell phone? Talk about being chained to technology.

yep, and then I had to call it to see where it was and it turns out i just put it in a different pocket than i usually do.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
sneakysnake said:
yep, and then I had to call it to see where it was and it turns out i just put it in a different pocket than i usually do.
That's not a problem with your mind, that's a problem with your pants.

Too many pockets :p

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I am painfully absent minded. It got worse after I wacked my head pretty bad about 2 years ago. I am always losing my keys, purse, ipod, cell phone, ect. I also forget asking questions or saying things so I repeat a lot. Drives the man-friend nuts. Poor guy, I must drive him batty!

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Apparently I'm one of the few that isn't. One time I thought I might have forgotten to lock my car. I, in fact, hadn't locked it. I can still tell you what the chick that I was drooling over was wearing. That was a few years ago. I have 3 film cameras that I haven't used in months - I'm confident that I can remember how many frames are left in each one +/- 2 shots. Probably just a big waste of brain power on useless crap, though...

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I have a bad habit of locking myself out of the apartment and my truck. :mad: Now if I can only remember where I hid the spare keys :think:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
SilentJ said:
Apparently I'm one of the few that isn't. One time I thought I might have forgotten to lock my car. I, in fact, hadn't locked it. I can still tell you what the chick that I was drooling over was wearing. That was a few years ago. I have 3 film cameras that I haven't used in months - I'm confident that I can remember how many frames are left in each one +/- 2 shots. Probably just a big waste of brain power on useless crap, though...
i had pi memorized to 100 digits a year or three back (still have 40), but this kind of memory has little bearing on absentmindedness. i rely completely on my computer and phone's calendar to keep my life in order. before iCal i used to write down a scrap of paper for each and every day.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm bad now but i was alot worse when i smoked weed. Hey did i really even smoke weed or was that whole episode a dream....:confused:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mind is like a trap. Or one of those things. You know like a memory thing. Like one of those things the doctor uses. Damn I forget what they are called. You know what I want? Some rice crispy treats. I'm kinda hungry. Anyone else hungry?

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Toshi said:
i had pi memorized to 100 digits a year or three back (still have 40), but this kind of memory has little bearing on absentmindedness. i rely completely on my computer and phone's calendar to keep my life in order. before iCal i used to write down a scrap of paper for each and every day.
I also.

I can tell you the names of every teacher I had in elementary school, as well as the names of over 15 classmates from 1st grade. But don't ask me why I just got up out of a comfy chair and walked across the room... because I can't remember.