Quantcast

are you following the olympics at all?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If so, and you hear a result that you want to share, please don't say the result in the subject and please do put *spoiler* in the subject line.

Thanks!

Here's hoping USA women's hockey team beats Canada for the gold... I know, still in the preliminary rounds, but it does look like they'll play each other, yeah?

PS: If you're not watching do watch women's hockey... damn they've got some bad ass skillz

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dude I've been following the Olympics since '84. I've got a bunch of them on tape if you want to trade. I sell beads and veggie burritos in the parking lots to pay my way 'round. but this year I ended up with a real job and am tied down by the man. **** the man, man.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
sinisteridge said:
yeah acually my best freinds sister is on the womens olypic hockey team. the sister is sarah parsons, shes dirty, scored twice today. shes so nice and her brother is the man .
way cool!

if your friend talks to his sister, tell her that random people are cheering and enjoying the women's hockey team... USA!

Denver is looking into getting the winter olympics. That would be so awesome! I think they're shooting for 2018. A long time away, I know, but since we're in biking distance to most events that would happen here and my girl's family has a house near Vail -- where I'm guessing much skiing/boarding events would happen -- well, we'd try to see as much as we can.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Westy said:
Dude I've been following the Olympics since '84.
my dad and I used to watch them all. I was only a kid when the 1980s men's hockey team won and didn't understand why my dad was so excited, but now I have some idea.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
LordOpie said:
my dad and I used to watch them all. I was only a kid when the 1980s men's hockey team won and didn't understand why my dad was so excited, but now I have some idea.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES?!
i actually got to play on that rink in a hockey tournament. it was pretty damn cool. but we got our asses handed to us by a bunch of canadians that seemed to have entered puberty at a much earlier age than most kids. i tell ya, theres something in the water up there. :think:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
CAMERA WORK!

Watching the downhill and they've got some cool stuff going on... they have one or more cameras that are capturing at 500 FPS (five hundred frames PER second!)

Also, they overlapped the 1st and 2nd place skiers and showed them in key spots on the course.

Neat stuff.

*SPOILER*

and it was FUNNY that the top three guys got on the podium right before the last skier left the gate... who wound up winning. hahahahahaah phuckers counting their egg before they hatch.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I saw the 30k cross-country skiing race, and it was tense! There was a pack of 15 in the final stretch.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
maxyedor said:
So what's the big deal with Michelle Kwan, she has never won a gold, she is decent looking and all but why all the coverage?
She is an "ambassador" of the sport.

Kwan doesn't qualify, has a "special" tryout to get on the team, pushing out Sarah Hughes, who btw is the sister of Emily Hughes who did win a gold.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Kwan pulled herself out. Is Hughes the chick that's stuck in NY due to the blizzard?

snowboard pipe

*spoiler*

it was cool watching the winner on the "victory lap"... spraying the edge, good stuff.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yeah, if you watched the DH ski event, and you were not flipping out then something is wrong with you. Medication is in order.
So sketchy, so fast, so beautiful.

In the voice of uncle Rico: If I could go back in time, I'd ski in the Olympics, no doubt, no doubt in my mind.:)

And White just plains rule the school. Everybody else was there for a silver.