Quantcast

Are you still using IE?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've found its better to keep some connection settings with the RFC specs. Some servers don't like it when you hit them hard and it actually makes your connection to them slower.
Regardless, FF with the settings tweaked was faster than my IE6 install. FF with the same settings is slower than my IE7 install on Vista x64. That's all. FF is still a superior browser, but it's not faster anymore.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i still use IE when running the web interface for my squeezebox...firefox has a nasty page refresh/memory windup issue which keeps increasing until the machine is totally bogged down. IE doesn't do this, and teh consensus from the slimdevices forum crew is that IE is the way to go until Mozilla addresses the issue.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
i still use IE when running the web interface for my squeezebox...firefox has a nasty page refresh/memory windup issue which keeps increasing until the machine is totally bogged down. IE doesn't do this, and teh consensus from the slimdevices forum crew is that IE is the way to go until Mozilla addresses the issue.
Just run FF with IE Tab extension - no need to launch a new window - IE runs inside of FF tab :cheers:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
looks promising, until i saw this:

Known Issues:

1. IE's ActiveX enable/disable settings do NOT work
2. All popup windows open in a new IE Tab
3. Navigation history list does NOT work
4. Site's favicon does NOT work
5. Memory Leak problem