Quantcast

are you the only betty in your DH crew?

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by Velocity Girl

There are quite of few of us girls here on the monkey who are also downhillers....hmmmm.....let's see......
Lucee
DHJill
OCDH
DHDiva
Shrymp
Tammy
Jr_Bullit
Ghettorigged

I know there's others, just can't think of them off the top of my head right now!
Mocha :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Originally posted by chromegoddess
kind of a bummer we can't get them to open up on the cycyle cyndicate site...
Hey! Hey! Hey watch it!
Originally posted by woody415
oh crap, I'm sorry......BRUCE!
I told you, don't call him Bruce!
Originally posted by Mocha
Mocha :D
F'ril... please don't leave out Mocha! :thumb:

A big big BIG shout to all the women riders, DH, XC and otherwise, that come out for all the Mountain States Cup races, they're always cheering each other on, pushing each other to be better and faster and cooler, and they even seem to be multiplying! It's so rad to see so much comraderie and genuine support...

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I am also kind of the only "betty" in my crew as well... but that's just because I'm in touch with my sensitive, "queer eye" side... ;)

woody415

Chimp
Feb 20, 2004
inda sevenonenine
Originally posted by Full Trucker
Hey! Hey! Hey watch it!I told you, don't call him Bruce!F'ril... please don't leave out Mocha! :thumb:

A big big BIG shout to all the women riders, DH, XC and otherwise, that come out for all the Mountain States Cup races, they're always cheering each other on, pushing each other to be better and faster and cooler, and they even seem to be multiplying! It's so rad to see so much comraderie and genuine support...

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I am also kind of the only "betty" in my crew as well... but that's just because I'm in touch with my sensitive, "queer eye" side... ;)
And here all along I thought it was because of those pretty pink jerseys :D
And Generel lee just wishes I was his betty, he's kind of that way if you know what I mean.:p

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i dont downhill, but i am the only girl that rides ever. tn and i dont have lots of people to ride with so its usually one of his buddies him and me. we just cant seem to meet any xc riders around here. i know they exist although there arent many. i've seen some girls with bikes on their car before, but i can never seem to find them at the trails.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
emergency crews have been dispatched to the locations where laura and rainbow are left w/out co-betty ridership. hehe.

seriously though, those first three years when i was the solo betty of the crew i could care less if i rode w/other females. that was until i discovered the incredible fun to be had from riding with other women. it was more fun in addition to the insane fun i was already having. and a much deeper sense of courage and strength, which now prevails even when it's just me and the boys.

i also appreciate how much the fellas seem to dig our scene. like what dhracer and full trucker said in here.

here's a pic of DAWN BORQUE at big bear 2003 (sorry it's a crappy photo, but she's a ripper none-the-less)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
thanks grizz, glad you like. they certainly aren't my best, but fun to share all the same.

hey! does this mean you'll let me post the other one??? :)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Originally posted by Velocity Girl
Were you at Schweitzer last year?
yes ma'am, i was. i've scoured my files and i'm afraid i don't have any shots of you....that is if you were running the same jersey i saw on your team's site. if not, lemme know what you were running and i'll look some more. or perhaps your number plate.

t

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
yes ma'am, i was. i've scoured my files and i'm afraid i don't have any shots of you....that is if you were running the same jersey i saw on your team's site. if not, lemme know what you were running and i'll look some more. or perhaps your number plate.

t
Very cool!!! That course was so much fun, but kicked the snot out of me!!! (Oh yea...same jersey, #35, blue v10 ;) )

If you're planning on going again this year, definitely let us know.....always fun to meet other monkeys (and MudHunnies) at the races :D

Here's a shot of me on the alter boy (courtesy of Michael Cain)

Micheal's always at the races taking shots...he's got some great one's from Schweitzer (and other races on his sight) if y'all are interested! The "alter boy" album is from the women's qualifying run, and the "finish" album has some great candids in it (even a few of our own DHDiva :D)

http://www.pigpants.net/gallery/idaho03

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
huge fan of michael cain!! he has an exceptionally sincere approach, especially with those candids.

haha, kicked the snot out of you, that's a good one. i never made it down altar boy. chicken to the max! the g-out freaked me out more than the descent. since i'm over the hill in norba age, i wasn't required to run it and opted for the easier route.

most definately will keep in touch for race gatherings. can't wait!!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
huge fan of michael cain!! he has an exceptionally sincere approach, especially with those candids.

haha, kicked the snot out of you, that's a good one. i never made it down altar boy. chicken to the max! the g-out freaked me out more than the descent. since i'm over the hill in norba age, i wasn't required to run it and opted for the easier route.

most definately will keep in touch for race gatherings. can't wait!!
Yes, he takes some amazing pics!!! We were lucky enough to have him take pics when Freak and I got married.....it's cool to have wedding pics that aren't the traditional "posed" shots :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
velocity...are yours the wedding photos on his site? if so, this world is crazy pewnsy tiny small, cuz he emailed me that link so i could check out his work from the wedding. those photos are gorgeous.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
velocity...are yours the wedding photos on his site? if so, this world is crazy pewnsy tiny, cuz he emailed me that link so i could check out his work from the wedding. those photos are gorgeous.
Michael has a few different wedding photo albums on his site, but if you're refering to these then yes, that's us.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
freak, i don't think those were the one's, but they are equally beautiful. michael has such an exquisite eye and he's very sneaky, which makes for the best candids. great style. of course you and velocity (friends and family) make splendid subjects as well.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
"I am actually racing my first DH race on April 3rd in AR... "

Cool! Should be a blast!! (Be warned: racing can be addicting and deplete all resources within a season.)

I trust you'll supply us with full details the following Monday.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
"I am doing my first race at Beacon in MArch. I'm nervous, hope everything goes well!" rainbow, we're rooting for you. look ahead, breathe and enjoy, everything should be fine, if not completely awesome. keep us posted.

holy mackeral...from out of the woodwork these photos do creep. FT, you're a sneaky bugger with a heart bigger than the double at arbor.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
"I am actually racing my first DH race on April 3rd in AR... "

Cool! Should be a blast!! (Be warned: racing can be addicting and deplete all resources within a season.)

I trust you'll supply us with full details the following Monday.
hell yeah! Honestly... I am not fast... i am not good... but i just set a goal last season when i saw one of the riders wife's race alone... i thought... that sucks... and i was sooo inspired by her that i decided i would participate for the FUN of it... I am a competitive soul, dont get me wrong, but HONESTLY this race is for the fun of it and for the experience and to complete a goal i have set for myself... then i found out last weekend that they are giving a trip to Red Bull RAmpage 2004 away to someone and to be entered in you have to race all 5 races in the series... and then you get extra entries for placing, etc... soooo now i will be racing all the races in the AR series sooo that i can be entered into the drawing... i dont care if i come in last place... if i get to se Darren Berrecloth (and others) ride at red bull it will be SOOOO worth it!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by TULSATUMBLERSGF
hell yeah! Honestly... I am not fast... i am not good... but i just set a goal last season when i saw one of the riders wife's race alone... i thought... that sucks... and i was sooo inspired by her that i decided i would participate for the FUN of it... I am a competitive soul, dont get me wrong, but HONESTLY this race is for the fun of it and for the experience and to complete a goal i have set for myself... then i found out last weekend that they are giving a trip to Red Bull RAmpage 2004 away to someone and to be entered in you have to race all 5 races in the series... and then you get extra entries for placing, etc... soooo now i will be racing all the races in the AR series sooo that i can be entered into the drawing... i dont care if i come in last place... if i get to se Darren Berrecloth (and others) ride at red bull it will be SOOOO worth it!
Most important thing is that you are out there having fun. That is why I do it. If I hated doing it, then I am spending way to much money being unhappy. :)

Seriously I am the first to say I am not fast (though I can show glimpses of speed now and then) I am out there to be with buddies and ride DH courses all over the PNW. Why do something like this unless you want to?

Go out and have fun! Just keep yourself in one peice if you can.

Rhino

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
Most important thing is that you are out there having fun. That is why I do it. If I hated doing it, then I am spending way to much money being unhappy. :)

Seriously I am the first to say I am not fast (though I can show glimpses of speed now and then) I am out there to be with buddies and ride DH courses all over the PNW. Why do something like this unless you want to?

Go out and have fun! Just keep yourself in one peice if you can.

Rhino
THANKS!!! that is what i plan to do... i am always the only gal... i even asked cooter the other day if it bothered him that i was with him always and i was the only gal... he sd nope... he was just glad that i enjoyed it and was having fun...