Quantcast

are you the only betty in your DH crew?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by TULSATUMBLERSGF
THANKS!!! that is what i plan to do... i am always the only gal... i even asked cooter the other day if it bothered him that i was with him always and i was the only gal... he sd nope... he was just glad that i enjoyed it and was having fun...
My GF come along to all my races and I love it!

She doesn't race or ride DH (she is a massuse and is concerned with breaking her arm etc) but she can whoop on me riding XC stuff on her fully rigid Trek XC bike.

She lets me drag her out of bed at 4:30 in the morning (She is NOT a morning person) and will sit in my truck trying to nap for 3-6 hrs while I drive to a race. She love Photography and hikes up and down the mountian taking pics of myself and my teammates and friends. When she isn't there I miss her....and everytime she is there I thank her for putting up with me and all this.

Here is my angel

At the Grouse Mtn B.C. WOrld Cup (another early morning)

and Her with her cat Tane.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
My GF come along to all my races and I love it!
Here is my angel

QUOTE]

that is really cool... yeah, i wouldnt miss a race or even a chance to go out and ride with cooter... I have my kids 50% of the time and we usually all go out together on the weekend the kids are there and watch cooter huck off stuff... the kids love it and he loves to show off for them...

i enjoy doing trail work with cooter and even helping him build some stunts, etc... im not a huge help, cuz im a girl... but i am pretty good at the conceptual part of it and the planning part and then i let him do the hammering... but i'm usually right there getting him the next board or the next tool etc... it is a BLAST... i never knew i would enjoy the sport like this...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn chromegoddess you look fast as hell in those pics! i need me a betty that rides. especially ones that ride dh or urban. mmmmm how i long for that day. rhino, what can i say you are a lucky man. my last GF was spectating at the urban sprawl comp where i placed first in my class. before the awards ceremony even started she lit into me with this "can we go now?" crap. my first competition ever and she was not supportive at all. to make it worse aaron chase and jeff lenosky (2 of my idols were there) and i really wanted to hang with them. what a self centered girlfriend. oh well better luck next time.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by biggins
rhino, what can i say you are a lucky man. my last GF was spectating at the urban sprawl comp where i placed first in my class. before the awards ceremony even started she lit into me with this "can we go now?" crap. my first competition ever and she was not supportive at all. to make it worse aaron chase and jeff lenosky (2 of my idols were there) and i really wanted to hang with them. what a self centered girlfriend. oh well better luck next time.
You wouldn't have been happy in the long run....I am sure who will make some man very happy just not you. Should have left her ass at home.

I am lucky though...

Trueth be told I met her at a bar. A country western bar. At dance lessons. :D Don't let this hefty uncorridinated (and bad speller) DHr looks fool you. I can tear up the dance floor as good as anyone....to country music that is. :o: Two step, Cha-cha, waltz, some other less know dances particular to certain bars, the triple step, Only "line dance" I will do is the electric slide, and I have enven been known to do a little western swing.

Never know where you will meet them interesting ladies. If there are country bars near you that have dance floors I suggets you find one that has some young people and go. :)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
and on that note anyone know any single rippin chicks looking for a 28 year old guy with a decent job and several bikes?:eek: :cool: :eek:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
and on that note anyone know any single rippin chicks looking for a 28 year old guy with a decent job and several bikes?:eek: :cool: :eek:

you cant give us one thread can you, not one fricking thread.;)

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
NO. And I agree with laura - can't you find somewhere else to hang out and beg for dates? :rolleyes:

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
How bout you stay outta this forum for a while. Go troll in the lounge.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
tammy - ugh, goofy podium shenanigans. how could you edit yourself outta that pic? you looked so happy up there i thought you might spontaneously combust. y'all should see the smile on that girls face up on that podium. oh wait...you can see it here...

oh, shucks. guess you can't see it there cuz i'm having a hard time editing myself out of it. grrr... but trust me! she's bursting with glee and it's really cool.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn it was kind of a joke. sorry my humor was not appreciated. i am forever out of here.

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
Originally posted by chromegoddess
tammy - ugh, goofy podium shenanigans. how could you edit yourself outta that pic? you looked so happy up there i thought you might spontaneously combust. y'all should see the smile on that girls face up on that podium. oh wait...you can see it here...
Is this the one you were looking for?

Attachments

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
tammy, you're killin' me. i've got another, similar to your last one but your smile is massive, hands shooting straight up to the sky. it's an adorable shot of you.

for the record y'all, i was just flexing my bike sponsor on the back of my tee shirt, i'm not really a flexer. k? ugh. this is humiliating.

tams, you can bet i'll be stalking the woods during your 24 hr race armed with a camera. mmwwaahaha!

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
tammy, you're killin' me. i've got another, similar to your last one but your smile is massive, hands shooting straight up to the sky. it's an adorable shot of you.

for the record y'all, i was just flexing my bike sponsor on the back of my tee shirt, i'm not really a flexer. k? ugh. this is humiliating.

tams, you can bet i'll be stalking the woods during your 24 hr race armed with a camera. mmwwaahaha!
SHOOT...if i had just taken first place... you can bet i would be flexing everything i had!!! WAY TO GO!!! you all look happy and rightly so!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
damn it was kind of a joke. sorry my humor was not appreciated. i am forever out of here.

my post was a joke too (notice the winking smilie). since you wont be back, you probably wont read this, but i'm sorry too. :p

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we have a guy free zone, it just never gets used.

biggins is a great guy and a great host. anybody who will take me out for a killer day of riding is alright in my book. he's just very lonely. HA!

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by laura
we have a guy free zone, it just never gets used.

biggins is a great guy and a great host. anybody who will take me out for a killer day of riding is alright in my book. he's just very lonely. HA!
and we cant really blame the guy for trying... :D

it is kinda his trademark... ive only been around for a few months and i think i have heard him beg for dates and booty about 93 times... :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
my thread! my thread! my precious first thread! reduced to exchanges about biggins' perpetual quest for cooch. the horror! the horror!!

IMO it was inappropriate within this thread, but no one's house in on fire and no one's dying as a result. it was cool how laura, tammy and rm simply and plainly expressed disapproval towards biggins. i found myself deeply disappointed and uncomfortable with what he had to say but i also appreciated his apology (of sorts).

but this..."I get so sick of guy crap I kind of like having a man-free (boy free?) zone." though i'm pretty sure i understand the gist of what you're saying here geargrrl, i'm displeased with the notion of a man-free zone. plenty of fellas have had worth-while contributions in here in support and respect of women riders.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
plenty of fellas have had worth-while contributions in here in support and respect of women riders.
agreed... im a newbie with little input that is serious and unperverse... but I agree... i have been a lurker in here for a while and the guys do usually have very supportive and nice things to add at times...

i tend to take things too far and lose credibility... just who i am... SORRY! but hopefully you guys will be able to see past that and realize i just have a sense of humor and LOVE to LAUGH and ADMIRE you for what you do... (race, ride, etc...)

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
umm, hi... hello... my name is DHRacer, and on behalf of my kind... I'm truly sorry! :)

for the record, i've never hit on a mud hunny. that's disrespectuful, especially in their house (forum).

secondly, while must admit, biggins' shout out was completely lame (sorry man, but not your best work) ;) i don't think he was all that serious (still dude, not in their house... man, haven't you learned anything???):rolleyes::p

and thirdly, there are so many women out there that can kick my ass on a bike! i have the utmost respect for all riders, but more so to the women riders of today for taking the initiative to blaze their own trial and make a name for themselves. it's always cool to see new people in the sport, but it's a bit nicer when it's a female... girls dig dirt too! :thumb:

okay, i'm done... back to your regularly scheduled male bashing :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
NO MALE BASHING IN HERE!!! it's as inappropriate as the posts from biggins' and takes us off the topic of betties in the ride crew. not that the issues being raised now aren't worthy of conversation, just that it should be in political debate or a hunnie thread devoted to it.

shoot! now i'm all yoinked about this. we weren't bashing! tammy and laura weren't bashing. GEARGRRL made a sweeping comment that i felt perpetuated the negativity that bigg's original posts might have riled up. this is AFTER he apologized and laura offered one back, which to me indicates peaceful communication. blasted! now the fellas feel the need to apologize for their gender.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Originally posted by DHRacer
umm, hi... hello... my name is DHRacer, and on behalf of my kind... I'm truly sorry! :)

for the record, i've never hit on a mud hunny. that's disrespectuful, especially in their house (forum).
See, you're nice:cool:. you come in here to participate and chat, not wave your sausage around. That's all I care about.

gg

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Originally posted by geargrrl
See, you're nice:cool:. you come in here to participate and chat, not wave your sausage around. That's all I care about.

gg
which is why it's extremely inappropriate and perpetuating the negative to make sweeping comments about "guy crap" and wanting a "man-free zone". there are nice fellas and crummy ones, just like there are nice betties and crummy ones. eh-hem.

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
tammy and laura weren't bashing. GEARGRRL made a sweeping comment that i felt perpetuated the negativity that bigg's original posts might have riled up.
I think another key issue here - if I may perpetuate this thread a bit longer - is that both laura and I have met biggins in person, know him, and have ridden (and in my case, raced) with him. So he knows that with regard to my reply to his post, if he doesn't straighten up, I'll just kick his ass at the next race...:devil:

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side

but this..."I get so sick of guy crap I kind of like having a man-free (boy free?) zone." though i'm pretty sure i understand the gist of what you're saying here geargrrl, i'm displeased with the notion of a man-free zone. plenty of fellas have had worth-while contributions in here in support and respect of women riders.
yes, I"m a little harsh at times and opinionated, that probably come from being old enough to be mom to a very high percetage of monkeys and having sons the ages of many of the young men here. I don't mind guys chatting with hunnies in the mud hunnies, but I have a very low tolerance for smack and sausage, it just pisses me off. am I a minority in that opinion? I tolerate it without comment in the 32 other forums here.

Perhaps the thing to do is create an enviroment not conducive to guys even wanting to poke their noses in here... you know: detailed discussions of chafing, blistering, infected hair follicles, yeast infections, menstrual cramps, PMS, heavy bleeding, benign breat tumors, fibroids...
:devil:

gg

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
NO MALE BASHING IN HERE!!!...

shoot! ... now the fellas feel the need to apologize for their gender.

chromegoddess, it's all cool... I was kidding the the bashing comment, the mudhunnies know that. and it's true, we men can be pigs sometimes, and we SHOULD apologize :)

i'm all about having fun and joking around, the only time that I get super serious about thing is in the Poly Debate forum (but I've quit going there for the time being cause I just get pissed off :think: :D )

everything is fine, we're all good.

and hey, it's FRIDAY!!! and I get to go ride tomorrow!!! with Freak and VG!!!

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by geargrrl

Perhaps the thing to do is create an enviroment not conducive to guys even wanting to poke their noses in here... you know: detailed discussions of chafing, blistering, infected hair follicles, yeast infections, menstrual cramps, PMS, heavy bleeding, benign breat tumors, fibroids...
:devil:

gg
LOL! i had two girl room mates for a few years... they broke me in quick! nothing phases me anymore:( :)

I'm secure in my manhood, i can go the store and buy tampons for a woman...at 2 am when there's no one else in the store.

:D