Quantcast

Are you using supplements?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
In my lifelong battle to gain lots of muscle and loose fat I have tried many many supplements.

The most effective

1 - Ephedrine - helped me loose lots of fat while maintaining a lot of muscle. A brilliant supplement when cycled correctly in a controlled coctail.
2 - Protein - simple yet effective. If you don't get enough protein you simply won't get stronger or bigger at any great rate of speed. I also cycled this. The most effective was Whey.
3 - Food - proper food proportions based on size and goals worked wonders. It isn't a supplement but it did its job.
4 - Chromium Picolinate - First touted as a fat burner (and later found to be more or less false for that) it does regulate insulin levels really well. Being hypo-glycemic and having a family history of diabetes this supplement helped keep me from crashing hard as well as helped burn off the carbs which love to turn into fat inmy body.
5 - Fish oils - I have some serious joint problems from football, basketball and tennis. Fish oils help keep me lubed as well the omega 3's are said to have some fat burning properties.
6 - an athletic level muli-vitamen. Just makes sense. Even with proper diet this will help fill up any lost minerals. I did keep track of my intake to ensure no toxicity level was hit.

Supplements that were useless
1 - Creatine - by far the most useless thing I used with the most hype. I got bloated and water logged. I gained no muscle and just got pissed. Now it is said this supplement doesn't work on 100% of the people trying it. I must be in that percentage, cause it sucked badly.
2 - There was a supplement that replaced ephedra...citris something. It replaced ephedra in most major supplement coctails. Whatever it was, it was useless. Does nothing for me, doesn't even wake me up.

I have tried others but nothing memorable. These are just ones that come to mind.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Various protein powders - whey for daytime and casein/egg white protein for night time. Proteinfactory.com oh yeah.

Creatine - I use the Muscle Tech brand Cell Tech.

Glucosamine Chondroitin - Just the generic vitamin shoppe brand. For my joints, especially my knee which I just had surgery on.

Multivitamin - one of those one a day ones from vitamin shoppe

I tried NO2, made me more vascular, and thats it. Dehydrated me like a mofo, wish I took IAB's advice about that one. Thats 60 bucks I'm never going to get back.

Thats all you would ever need unless you want to start juicing.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Originally posted by Leigh2612
yeah i guess, i dont think id ever be able to compete, pass the steroids maybe...
just reread that post, i meant not muscular gains, dunno if it came off that way...
cheers

:monkey:

Yeah, I understood you. Vascularity can come into play in BBing competitions.