Votes: 5 15.2%
  • They are alright

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I was talking with a friend last night, and he started talking about how cool my parents are. I'm 19 and I still go shooting and camping with my dad. We are also starting to work on my truck together. I still live at home and they don't care if I have friends over or what goes on in my room for the most part. Over all I have really awesome parents who not only get **** and are "cool" but are still parents too me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My folks were both nerds in school, never played sports, never did drugs, got perfect grades, both hold PhD's (mom in math, dad in English). They have been supportive, but certainly not cool.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Love the tag: "Mooshu eats hipster taint".

Yeah I don't know about all that. Cool parents apparently don't make the young'ins do their spelling and grammar homework.

RyanSG

Chimp
Apr 1, 2004
Say what you will but parents and the cool factor don't mix. Instances don't count.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
New Quiz: What does TheMontashu's perents think of TheMontashu?

1. That's why he is an only child.
2. Instead of taking him shooting we should tutored him on 'riting and spelting.
3. Move the F*@% Out!
4. TheMontashu sucks!!!!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
New Quiz: What does TheMontashu's perents think of TheMontashu?

1. That's why he is an only child.
2. Instead of taking him shooting we should tutored him on 'riting and spelting.
3. Move the F*@% Out!
4. TheMontashu sucks!!!!
You mean aside from the fact that the real world is harsh and he should get a f*cking life....

Oh wait...that has nothing to do with your post...but everything to do with getting the f*ck out, and getting a f*cking life...

I bet these (and I mean Teh Mooshu's kind) kind of people in the work force are why I want to kill someone in my office every single day...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Parents are not supposed to be "cool". If you think they are totally cool, they are failing you.

You're 19. Move the fvck out.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
My parents didn't get cool until I moved out and went to college.

I guess up until then they felt they had to be stuffy and lead by example.... or maybe I got a little less retarded.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My parents didn't get cool until I moved out and went to college.

I guess up until then they felt they had to be stuffy and lead by example.... or maybe I got a little less retarded.
:stupid:

Now that I've been out of the house for 3-4 years, I've come to appreciate 2 things:

1) My parents raised me well
2) How cool my parents are

It took me up to this point to realize both things, but I'm glad I know realize them.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified

Now that I've been out of the house for 3-4 years, I've come to appreciate 2 things:

1) My parents raised me well
2) How cool my parents are

It took me up to this point to realize both things, but I'm glad I know realize them.
Until I have children and can speak from experience, it seems like parents' job is to raise their children to be contributing members of society. My parents were consistent, loving, supportive, rewarded good behavior, punished when it was deserved, and pushed us out of the house when it came time for college.

My parents are extremely cool, but it wasn't without the two decades worth of exremely hard work.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Parents are not supposed to be "cool". If you think they are totally cool, they are failing you.

You're 19. Move the fvck out.
I'm going to school full time during the school year, and working full time right now to pay for school. I could move out now, drop out of college and be stuck in a bike shop for the rest of my life. OR I can put money away for when I transfer to UC Berkeley (unless I can get an academic ride, I'm sitting on a 3.9 something at the junior college near my house)

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Does UC Berkeley let in people who cannot even spell PARENTS? Standards must have dropped.
No it has not, his jr college must have some kind of connection to Cal.
I'm applying there and with legacy, a 3.7 gpa, 1990 SAT scores, and multiple honors and AP classes, I don't have a chance of getting in. If he really does have a 3.9 and his jr college has some kind of connection then I guess it could be possible.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
No it has not, his jr college must have some kind of connection to Cal.
I'm applying there and with legacy, a 3.7 gpa, 1990 SAT scores, and multiple honors and AP classes, I don't have a chance of getting in. If he really does have a 3.9 and his jr college has some kind of connection then I guess it could be possible.
If you are talking out of high school that is very different. You can get into Berkeley out of Jr, college with much lower grades, and SATs don't matter. I know kids getting in with quite a bit lower grades (something like 3.4s 3.5s) and yes I am going to a school with one of the top 3 UC transfer rates

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Does UC Berkeley let in people who cannot even spell PARENTS? Standards must have dropped.
It's *much* easier for transfer students to get in that freshman. That being said, given that the number of students getting admitted will be less over the coming years, I still doubt he'll get it.

But who knows... I knew a LOT of book smart, stupid people at Cal.

As for the comments regarding grades, it's much easier to get A's at Diablo CC than at Cal. Even if he gets in, I doubt he'd get that good of grades unless he chooses one of the hippie-dippie majors that are about emotions and feelings rather than true knowledge (see sciences and mathematics).

I got bounced out of basic Calculus at Cal, but managed to get A's through High Schools AND at SF City College when I went for a refresher. Real sciences and mathematics at Cal are truly elite.