Quantcast

argh...one of those days....

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
aunt won't let me stay with her for the months of July and August, despite having 3 empty bedrooms in her house.

aunt won't let me sell the family furniture i have, so i have to move it. of course, she won't help.

i have to be out of my apartment by friday.

i have no place to stay.

i have 1 day off between tomorrow and friday, and that day is monday. i work 11 - 7 or 11 - 8 Tuesday through Friday.

i have an exam on tuesday.

i have a bedroom and kitchen furnished with my own stuff that i have to get out somehow.

my aunt, the same aunt that randomly shows up at home expecting mom to let her stay the night, will not let me stay with her for 2 months.

i work 11 - 5 tomorrow, and have to get girlfriend to airport by 5:45. have to get my tux back to the store before 6. airport is 30mins away.

my aunt would rather point me to a $220/wk hotel than let me stay with her.

what the ****?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
ALEXIS_DH said:
well dude, not meaning to add fuel to the fire, but 2 months is rather a long time.
2 months is a long time? it's not like i'd be mooching or anything (i offered to pay), and it's not like i'm some long lost nephew. i grew up 90mins away, and have been living in the same town for 5yrs. i have seen her at least once a month for 23yrs. she's a single parent mom living in a 4br house.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Um, sorry, but how did it get to be a week before you have to move out and you have no place to stay? Were you just assuming your aunt would let you stay with her, but didn't ask?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
binary visions said:
Um, sorry, but how did it get to be a week before you have to move out and you have no place to stay? Were you just assuming your aunt would let you stay with her, but didn't ask?
long story...lots of things fell into place at the wrong time. the end result will be dandy, though.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
I don't me to be harsh with you, but you are not your aunt's responsibility, if she doesn't want you to stay that's her decision.

Good luck with sorting yourself out.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Holy crap man, I feel your pain. I just had my second housing situation fall through (if I had called 10 minutes earlier I would have gotten it too), and there's only 4 days left on our lease.