Quantcast

ARGHH another flat spot!!

biker3

Turbo Monkey
So today I go riding as usual up at our trail. Hitting the new lines and such nothing special or big. After the ride I check out my rear rim and there is yet another huge flat spot in my 219. Its almost to the point where the tire can pop off the bead. Its time for a new set of wheels as my front is almost as bad. Im thinking about a chris king Dh hub with ex823 around them and the same in front or a set of deemax. I don't think i can run deemax as my dropouts are QR instead of 12mm. Is there anyway I can put an axle though my QR? Thanks and any other wheel build suggestions would be nice. I want them to be light but sitll strong. I only weigh 130ibs so i dont need tons of beef.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by biker3
So today I go riding as usual up at our trail. Hitting the new lines and such nothing special or big. After the ride I check out my rear rim and there is yet another huge flat spot in my 219. Its almost to the point where the tire can pop off the bead. Its time for a new set of wheels as my front is almost as bad. Im thinking about a chris king Dh hub with ex823 around them and the same in front or a set of deemax. I don't think i can run deemax as my dropouts are QR instead of 12mm. Is there anyway I can put an axle though my QR? Thanks and any other wheel build suggestions would be nice. I want them to be light but sitll strong. I only weigh 130ibs so i dont need tons of beef.
I thought DeeMaxx's were 10mm, which will work with your drop outs.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by biker3
deemax are standard qr in the rear

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
well then this will make you feel better;

First shuttle this afternoon, I gave away my only tube to a guy that got a flat.

Second shuttle, I got a pinch flat. Tried to patch it (2 holes), didn't hold air, tried to put a "big" patch on it, but it ripped the hole open more when I tried to take the small patch off.

So I just spent an hour hiking/running/falling down a mountain with my flat rear tired. The sun was setting while I was comming down, leaving me with zero visability when I was at the bottom. My ankles are all shot up, ligaments messed up, etc... this sucked big time...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Originally posted by zedro
or they arent being built properly.....yeah yeah i know, everyone has 'the best' wheelbuilder in the world....
dude, I've been building wheels for almost 3 hours, I know what I am talking about