Quantcast

Arghhh! I should have just gone back to bed when I woke up this morning

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
[RANT]
So last night I parked my vehicle on the street our front, and about 2 feet of it was sticking over the no parking sign. No big deal, people park like that ALL the time, never get ticketed.

I went out this morning to a $60 ticket for "front in no parking zone." and it wasnt a parking enforcement ticket, it was from a frikkin cop! apparently he had nothing better to do at 4:24 am.

Then I was late to work because I was trying to get my cousins out who were here over the weekend for my graduation.

Then I get home, start to pack up for my move, do laundry, and lock myself out of my apartment on my way to pick up my clothes from the basement. call my properties company, fast foreward almost 2 hours, someone shows up. its a $50 and he wont take a g0ddamn check! So then I had to ride my bike to the ATM to get him the frikkin money!

argghhhhhhh!
[/RANT]

I always figured that the correct response to vehicles that are parked so as to obstruct driveways, pedestrian crossings, etc. would be to have a specialized rig that simply cuts off and removes the offending part of the vehicle. We have a couple of people at work driving large cars or trucks who routinely occupy two to four parking spaces.

That said, good luck!

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
johnbryanpeters said:
I always figured that the correct response to vehicles that are parked so as to obstruct driveways, pedestrian crossings, etc. would be to have a specialized rig that simply cuts off and removes the offending part of the vehicle.

or just spraypainted glitter pink

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
nobody takes checks. If you had inquired before you waited two hours for him to show up, you could have ridden to the atm while you were waiting and enjoyed yourself. :p Don't worry, you'll get used to it soon enough.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
laura said:
nobody takes checks. If you had inquired before you waited two hours for him to show up, you could have ridden to the atm while you were waiting and enjoyed yourself. :p Don't worry, you'll get used to it soon enough.
Think about it this way Big Mike, at least you aren't set up to get shanked by a bunch of at risk religious kids. So you got that going for you.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
laura said:

She said it was $50, she said nothing about cash!

And ya know how bad luck comes in threes? well...... I got up today, and had parked on the wrong side of the street, my truck was towed because of street cleaning!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
CAUTION: RANT TANGENT

Not saying this is you, but in the last year the popular thing in my SF neighborhood is for everyone to get a third vehicle, usually a huge friggin behemoth that takes up a couple of parking spots. I am talking Sportmobile, Titans, and things that big. Then they sit there rarely used, just taking up space. :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :banghead: :banghead:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
OG, I hate people like that as well!

I live in the city, and we have only street parking around here, and people will leave space between their vehicles just small enough that you can't fit a car in it!

I hate em.

(and side note, my Pathfinder does not take up much more space than a regular car)

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
BM, that sucks... sounds a bit like last friday, trying to get a crapload done, have to take my frame to three different mailing centers before I find one that can ship it. I try to figure out the price to ship it, but find out that the sticky note I wrote the zip code on didn't make it into my pocket, drive all the way back to my apartment, find the zip code, and head out, and locked myself out of my apartment. I had to walk to the far side of campus and back to get a key that will work, then get back to the mailing center. Took me about 3 hours to ship that stupid frame... but your day sounds worse.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
BigMike said:
She said it was $50, she said nothing about cash!

And ya know how bad luck comes in threes? well...... I got up today, and had parked on the wrong side of the street, my truck was towed because of street cleaning!

NOBODY takes checks grandpa.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
laura said:
NOBODY takes checks grandpa.

What the heck are you talking about?! Everyone takes checks.... :confused:

I never pay cash for aythinhg, I either charge it, or write a check. And the kid that came out to open my door obviously wasn't going to take a charge card.....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
laura said:
ps sucks about the tow, hope you are made of money.

I thought I was made of money, I was gonna use my graduation money to do somthing nice for my girlfriend or something but........... guess thats not gonna happen!