Quantcast

Argyle 318/409 or Dirt Jumper 1?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Looking for which fork to put on my new DJ bike, and it's come down to these three. I definitely want a white fork (yes I'm a tart), and although most places seem to say the 409 is mint only chainreactioncycles in the UK appear to be selling them in white? I don't know if this is a mistake on their part?

Oh, and why are the white ones £40 cheaper than the green ones??
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13130

From what I can see the arglye weights include steerer, so that's

5.25lb for the 409
5.67lb for the 318
6.3lb for the dirtjumper1s

Obviously the 409 achieves this by being an air fork. Is that going to turn out to be a bad thing? Will they last, or am I better off avoiding the air option?

Which would you get, assuming they were all three the same price, and all available in white? ;)

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Just called them up and the guy I spoke to confirmed the colour and price, though to be fair I dont think he knew any more than I do, sounds like he was just looking at the website and confirming that I can read :P I asked him to comment on the review that was posted on 7th March where someone hints that the white ones are demo used, and he assured me whatever I buy from them will be brank new...

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Well it's true, they are selling them at that price (£279 after the £10 discount) and they are white.

The catch is I also think they're quite ugly - I know that makes me a tart, but if I've spent £300 on something I'd like it to tick all the boxes, not just some of them. I'm thinking about sending it back and buying a marzocchi 4x instead, which clearly looks a lot nicer to me.

Any opinions? Is the argyle a much better DJ/general use fork than the Marz 4x?