Quantcast

Argyles and Foot Jams

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Since I learned foot jams a few months ago, I do dozens of them every time I ride. I have no real cause for concern yet, just curious if anyone has had any issues with Argyles and doing foot jams on them. I tend to jam with my foot pointing straight through the fork, with my toes up on the arch, and just below that on my tire.

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
I do them more sideways so I don't slip and put my foot through there...shoes tend to blow out on the sides though eventually.

So far, my fork has held up 3 years...bushings are worn a good bit but everything else is fine. I don't do anything crazier than dabs on banks though.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Since I learned foot jams a few months ago, I do dozens of them every time I ride. I have no real cause for concern yet, just curious if anyone has had any issues with Argyles and doing foot jams on them. I tend to jam with my foot pointing straight through the fork, with my toes up on the arch, and just below that on my tire.
I love doing footjams on my argyles. They are fvcking addicting! The way I look at it is, "Ahhh, IDGAF." I should have probably sent my fork in a long time ago, but it still works. THere was oil leaking but it still rides the same.

Obviously, this is a classic case of the rider who just doesn't give a crap. Hey man, this is why I buy atomlab wheels and black market frames. They are strong and I do not feel the need to take care of it that often. I mean yeah I lube the chain, but pffft! I never wash it!

Sorry for the rambling. THe bottom line i that foot jams are fine. I haven't had any problems

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I love doing footjams on my argyles. They are fvcking addicting! The way I look at it is, "Ahhh, IDGAF." I should have probably sent my fork in a long time ago, but it still works. THere was oil leaking but it still rides the same.

Obviously, this is a classic case of the rider who just doesn't give a crap. Hey man, this is why I buy atomlab wheels and black market frames. They are strong and I do not feel the need to take care of it that often. I mean yeah I lube the chain, but pffft! I never wash it!

Sorry for the rambling. THe bottom line i that foot jams are fine. I haven't had any problems
Drugs?

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC

That was kind of a weird way of saying that you do them all the time and it's no big deal :)

I was thinking about it again today and realized there is probably no structural issue with doing it, as well.