Quantcast

Armed Citizen Saves Woman's Life

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Yay for the 2nd Amendment and states with concealed carry laws..!!!

New Mexico Wal-Mart Scene of Fatal Shooting

ALBUQUERQUE, NM (AP) -- Police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, said a man who, according to witnesses, was stabbing his ex-wife inside
a Wal-Mart was shot to death by another man.

A police spokeswoman said the 72-year-old shooter has a permit to carry a concealed weapon, and that it appears Thursday's shooting will be treated as a "justifiable homicide."

The spokeswoman said that woman is listed in critical but stable condition.

Police say the stabbing apparently stemmed from a domestic dispute.

New Mexico allows citizens age 21 and over to carry concealed weapons if they complete firearms training and pass national and local criminal background checks.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Interesting but the bad guys with guns are leading the race in NM:

Last week in Albuquerque (I was there at the time) a psycho with a gun killed 2 ABQ cops and two motocycle shop mechanics (17 and 22yo) before being arrested. A NM road dept employee was also shot/killed the day prior.

A few days earlier, a deluded Iraq vet/sniper shot down a Sheriff helo because it was annoying him. The pilot suffered serious injuries in the crash.

Stats of "people killed by guns", I would guess, are far larger than the stats of "heroic citizen packing heat saves a life".

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
dan-o said:
Interesting but the bad guys with guns are leading the race in NM:

Last week in Albuquerque (I was there at the time) a psycho with a gun killed 2 ABQ cops and two motocycle shop mechanics (17 and 22yo) before being arrested. A NM road dept employee was also shot/killed the day prior.

A few days earlier, a deluded Iraq vet/sniper shot down a Sheriff helo because it was annoying him. The pilot suffered serious injuries in the crash.

Stats of "people killed by guns", I would guess, are far larger than the stats of "heroic citizen packing heat saves a life".
I was there when the helo was shot down... I thought it was a drug related incident...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
N8 said:
I was there when the helo was shot down... I thought it was a drug related incident...
The helicopter was on scene for a drug bust or something but the shooter had nothing to do with it. His statement upon arrest was something like "the noise from the hovering chopper irritated me", so he shot it down.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
dan-o said:
The helicopter was on scene for a drug bust or something but the shooter had nothing to do with it. His statement upon arrest was something like "the noise from the hovering chopper irritated me", so he shot it down.

LOL... well.. it is annoying to be kept up all night like that... there are some neighbor's dogs I'd like to do that to as well.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Ciaran said:
You still have a long way to catch up N8. One "good" shooting is only a tear in the sea.
Here is another one i heard from an Arazona highway patrol. The guy was making a rutien traffic stop when the 2 people inside pulled illigaly purchased(they checked them out ofterwords and they were, there is some gun violence that gun control could not have stoped) .they had him with his hands up against the median begging for his life, when an elderly couple pulled up one drew a shotgun and one drew a postol forcing the criminals to drop thier wepons thus defusing the situation.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
TheMontashu said:
Here is another one i heard from an Arazona highway patrol. The guy was making a rutien traffic stop when the 2 people inside pulled illigaly purchased(they checked them out ofterwords and they were, there is some gun violence that gun control could not have stoped) .they had him with his hands up against the median begging for his life, when an elderly couple pulled up one drew a shotgun and one drew a postol forcing the criminals to drop thier wepons thus defusing the situation.

:confused:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
TheMontashu said:
illigaly purchased(they checked them out ofterwords and they were, there is some gun violence that gun control could not have stoped) .
Alrightly, my man, I understand (well, sort of...you really do write like a goddamned idiot) where you're coming from. BUT...

I once had a friend ask me, "well, those illegal guns had to be legal at some point, right??" And I realized he was correct. Sig and HK and Beretta aren't selling these things off the loading dock illegally, nor are gun runners landing them on isolated beaches and selling them,

Some guns are smuggled in on shipping, surely, but there are lots of 'illegal' guns that were once legal. I asked on a law enforcement forum about this, once, and even the ATF guys couldn't give me a clear answer. http://www.911jobforums.com/vB/showthread.php3?t=37698&highlight=illegal+guns

-MD

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
MikeD said:
Alrightly, my man, I understand (well, sort of...you really do write like a goddamned idiot) where you're coming from. BUT...

I once had a friend ask me, "well, those illegal guns had to be legal at some point, right??" And I realized he was correct. Sig and HK and Beretta aren't selling these things off the loading dock illegally, nor are gun runners landing them on isolated beaches and selling them,

Some guns are smuggled in on shipping, surely, but there are lots of 'illegal' guns that were once legal. I asked on a law enforcement forum about this, once, and even the ATF guys couldn't give me a clear answer. http://www.911jobforums.com/vB/showthread.php3?t=37698&highlight=illegal+guns

-MD
As far as gun control goes it's obviously better if guns were never readily availible, but being as that is not possible, to me hand guns, and small semi autos have no justification for availibility outside of military and law enforcement, and preferably they would be completely illegal. Guns like these have no purpose but to kill other people, and the construction of a device purely designed to inflict injury is in some way to condone it's action.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Changleen said:
As far as gun control goes it's obviously better if guns were never readily availible, but being as that is not possible, to me hand guns, and small semi autos have no justification for availibility outside of military and law enforcement, and preferably they would be completely illegal. Guns like these have no purpose but to kill other people, and the construction of a device purely designed to inflict injury is in some way to condone it's action.
Well, you make a lot of assumptions in that statement and take them for granted. Yeah, a gun is a tool to kill...no one's going to deny that. The question is who should have access to those tools, and in the American tradition and legal code, it's accepted, condoned, and perhaps even encouraged that private citizens have access to the tools to kill.

Now, the part of the 2nd amendment that's vague and often ignored is the part about this right to bear arms being inherently connected to
a well-regulated militia.

MD

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
MikeD said:
Well, you make a lot of assumptions in that statement and take them for granted. Yeah, a gun is a tool to kill...no one's going to deny that. The question is who should have access to those tools, and in the American tradition and legal code, it's accepted, condoned, and perhaps even encouraged that private citizens have access to the tools to kill.

Now, the part of the 2nd amendment that's vague and often ignored is the part about this right to bear arms being inherently connected to
a well-regulated militia.

MD
I think a lot of people miss or ignore that part. From what little I understand on the subject there is a bit of a controversy over the wording/syntax of the 2nd. One version seems to indicate that everyone can have arms... in the other it's only the militia. And this, boys and girls, goes to show that grammer really is important... coughcoughmackcoughcough

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Ciaran said:
I think a lot of people miss or ignore that part. From what little I understand on the subject there is a bit of a controversy over the wording/syntax of the 2nd. One version seems to indicate that everyone can have arms... in the other it's only the militia. And this, boys and girls, goes to show that grammer really is important... coughcoughmackcoughcough
Sorry Ciaran, I couldn't resist this one: Grammar is important.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Changleen said:
I am curently planing a boar hunt and plan to use a handgun. as well there are many handguns specificly ment for target shooting and handguns are shot in the olympics, so some hand guns do have more justification. as well a criminal is not going to own a 1000 1911 they are going to have a cheep as possable saturday night special POS, wich by they way you will be hard pressed to find in at any leagal gun shop