Quantcast

Armstrong,

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nah, Lance is more like Michael Jordan. They actually took time off before unretiring. Favre never left, he was just wishy washy on his decision.

Favre is more like Roger Clemens, only not as fat.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i don't think lance is the favre of cycling . i think he still has the abilty to ride @ a high level as he use to .i'm pretty excited to see what he does in the tdf . if he doesn't do good in the tdf and continues to race then maybe he'll start looking like the favre of cycling . but if he wins the tdf as i hope i think lance will be i won again , fock you guys , i'm out and then go back into retirement and stay retired.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Faverer wasnt never really dominate in the sport like Lance was. Faverer was great, but wasnt a super star...i mean he does hold the record for most interceptions.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
^ 100% percent with you!! i love road racing, but LA represents everything i hate about it!

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The difference is the Jets built the entire team around Favre. Lance is just one racer. They didn't lose Contrador or Leipheimer, unlike Pennington.

We will have to see at the Tour whether Lance pulls a Bernard Hinault, where he promises to help a younger rider, Lemond, then tries to go off on his own.

Ultimately, I think Bruyneel will work a solution, although the most successful model for victory in the Tour is to have one, not two, team leaders.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Ever see the video of him and Dave Wiens during the Leadville 100? I tried to find it, but YouTube is telling me its no longer availiable.

Kinda different to watch him on a mountain bike. But Lance said he liked the race because he and Dave talked way more than road racers do. The two of them pushed each other. Dave won and broke a record doing it, he said he wouldn't have rode that hard if he hadn't been side by side with Lance for all of it except the last hour or so. Lance popped and started slowing down, Dave went on ahead to win.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Lance armstrong is a fukking bionic man! The only human part of his body is his flesh, cock, one ball and skin. His eyeballs are solar panels that power his high flow hydro pump in his chest that pump fluid to his gear assisted hydro piston limbs. Trek built him and his bike.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The dude sits on the couch for four years, gets beat by an old school mtb pro, doesn't take it so well and decides to come out of retirement.

It's an awesome accomplishment to win as many tours as he has, but it's time to let it go. Let someone else have their moment in the sun. Go chase rock star chicks or super models and enjoy life.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I believe I am the only person on this thread who actually followed the Jets (thru my friend who is part of a rabid Jets fan club).

By trading for Favre, the Jets changed their entire offense and ultimately the future of the team.

While the motivations may be similar for Lance and Brett, the impact on their teams is going to be much different.