Quantcast

Around the world in 3 weeks (NBR)

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Well I'm on week 2 of my around the world trip. I spent last week in Hamburg, Germany and then a couple of cities in Switzerland - Langenthal and Zurich. After a 14 hour flight were I got to sit in the upper deck of a 747, I arrived here in Hong Kong a few hours ago. It's just about 10p local time. Here's a few photos. Tomorrow I head off to Hainan Island off the coast of China then all of next week in Beijing. I should be back to Seattle on April 21.

Hamburg

Switzerland

The view from my Hotel room overlooking Hong Kong Harbor from Kowloon Island

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
Pix look great. I just got back from Sea Otter last night. Hopefuully your weather is better than it was in "sunny" California.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Wow, you were right down on the waterfront there.... Did the suit pedalers bug ya much?? I hope you took a trip into HK on the star ferry... those things are crazy.....

ive been too busy to post my trip pictures....

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
oly said:
Wow, you were right down on the waterfront there.... Did the suit pedalers bug ya much?? I hope you took a trip into HK on the star ferry... those things are crazy.....

ive been too busy to post my trip pictures....
Yep, I took the star ferry a couple of time - pretty cheap, like a quarter or something. I didn't get hassled too much by the pedalers since I look kinda asian and so they think I'm a local. Then when they speak to me in Chinese - I have this dumb, blank look on my face and say I can't speak Chinese - then they laugh at me...yeah :mumble:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Five said:
Yep, I took the star ferry a couple of time - pretty cheap, like a quarter or something. I didn't get hassled too much by the pedalers since I look kinda asian and so they think I'm a local. Then when they speak to me in Chinese - I have this dumb, blank look on my face and say I can't speak Chinese - then they laugh at me...yeah :mumble:

Haha.. thats classic. Too bad you didnt have more time there. The double decker bus ride to Stanley rocks and you can get some killer beers at the smuglgers in....

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Here's another shot in Hong Kong

After Hong Kong - I went to Hainan Island off the south coast of China. The weather was crappy - warm, but windy and rainy. You couldn't even go swimming in the ocean cause of the wind and waves. The beach was pretty deserted though.

Now I'm in Beijing - Here's some photos from the Forbidden City and Tianneman Sq. Today (Monday) a sand storm blew in so, it's foggy and everything is covered in a fine silt. They say it should be around for the next couple of days.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Five said:
Here's another shot in Hong Kong

After Hong Kong - I went to Hainan Island off the south coast of China. The weather was crappy - warm, but windy and rainy. You couldn't even go swimming in the ocean cause of the wind and waves. The beach was pretty deserted though.

Now I'm in Beijing - Here's some photos from the Forbidden City and Tianneman Sq. Today (Monday) a sand storm blew in so, it's foggy and everything is covered in a fine silt. They say it should be around for the next couple of days.

That last pic is freakin awesome!