Quantcast

ARRRGHH! I Hate School!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Why do all the professors think that you don't have anything else to do during finals week?! I am so fed up with my department, that I might say some things I might regret this thursday during my portfolio review. I have this HUUUGE drafting project to get done, but the department is using the drafting studio tomorrow for part one of portfolio review. WTF kind of sh!t is that? How am I supposed to get this project done, its not like have a drafting table at my house :mumble:

I'm just so fed up with this semester I dont even want to finish my final one!

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
I hear you. I hate drafting, but is it a big enough project you can't just use a drafting board?

As for the profs, that's every department everywhere from what I've seen. I sometimes reconsider being an engineer.

Oh well, at least my finals were done last week :oink:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
amateur said:
I sometimes reconsider being an engineer.
I was doing two kinds of engineering at two different schools for a total of two semesters and a quarter. Now I am in a liberal arts program, and it is sooo nice.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Suck it up, children. Wait till you get into the real world. It's OK to vent like this, but if you're ever gonna be sucessful you'd better learn to take this sort of **** in your stride.

Someone else using a drafting table? Find another. Now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
robdamanii said:
The one plus is at least in school you KNOW what you're going to be tested on. Working on a daily basis was a constant test of "here's something stupid thrown at you, can you handle it?"
Yep, the work is just as hard but you know when to expect it.

There is nothing like planning a vacation 6 months in advanced only to have your boss walk into your office 3 days before you leave and say "I have an opportunity for you".

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I'm in technical theatre, and the drafting project is for a technical drafting class.

This project is just the straw that broke the camel's back. There is so much other crap going on this semester that has me sooo pissed off at my school that I almost don't want to come back next semester. They totally jerk you around, and don't treat us like real people. I have worked in the real word, and I know that the sh!t goes down there too, but at least they treat you like a person. (at least the places i've worked) I don't understand why all the people in my department have to be such a$$holes about everything. It doesn't make sense