Quantcast

Articles on Big Bear

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
I have been looking around for a while now and i haven't been able to find anything really against the ban of DH in big bear. Have any of you monkeys seen anything, if so do you mind pointing me in the right direction.

All i have been able to find was that first letter sent out by big bear, and a few more saying big bear was correct in banning DHing

thank you
-zac

PS for the few of you who are going to say negative comments, I don't need any of those right now, this is a legit question and i have done many online searches.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Here is an idea - contact Snow Summit, as well as team big bear.

Current legal proceedings aren't usually public knowledge (particularly to a message board on the internet). Speculation however, runs rampant.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
the thing is they will be bias, and won't help me proving what they did was wrong, and that they should continue DH mountain biking.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
zmtber said:
the thing is they will be bias, and won't help me proving what they did was wrong, and that they should continue DH mountain biking.
oh sweet jesus. :rolleyes: you most certainly do not have all of the information. did you read the article in decline about big bear closing? the guy who got paralyzed in a crash there was just the straw that broke the camels back. there was lots of illegal trailbuilding off of the mountain on national forest land which is a large problem. and i dont know how legal proceedings will actually be bias, i thought they were just supposed to state facts for the most part.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
zmtber said:
There is no "right" or "wrong" to what they did. They are a business and can open and close as they please.

They exist to make money, not to support or advance a sport.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Wasn't there a 200 page thread in the DH forum about this? Complete with links to the website of the dude who got paralyzed, links to the official press releases, etc?