Quantcast

Artsy type Computery stuff

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I was screwing around...and came up with this (yeah, I know, pink....I will use more colors later):

I used a pic of Marla as reference
and, yes, the bike isn't exactly accurate........oh well.

-Mud

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
narlus said:
yeah, i like the overall aesthetic but the xc bike / FF helmet & body armor is incongruous.
that is funny you should say that. I used to ride with a local NEWS anchor and the guy used to ride a really nice XC hard tail on our local trails with a full face helmet. He used to say his face was his lively hood! I would just laugh cause his face isn't that great on camera and even worse off cam.

a bunch of people in our area are now riding with shin/knee, and elbow pads on stuff that I don't really think you need em!

But I like the Art none the less!

What program did you use?

MudGrrl

Mar 4, 2004
If I have fun with them.... they're toys.

tools kinda implies work. I'm not a fan of 'work'.

Thanks for the compliment, I really appreciate it!
and... you're current avatar scares the bejeebus outta me.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
narlus said:
yeah, i like the overall aesthetic but the xc bike / FF helmet & body armor is incongruous.
I think a lot of FR bikes are looking like XC bikes, especially without another bike for comparison.

On that note, I never make fun of anyone wearing a fullface, even on a road ride (although he is riding the Switchblade). You start laughing, then faceplant yourself 10 minutes later? Karma, dude.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
very nice. i like it.

you should have sanjay(metal) make shirts with that design.

MudGrrl

Mar 4, 2004
DHS said:
very nice. i like it.

you should have sanjay(metal) make shirts with that design.
Thank You!
one of my friends is currently trying to figure out how to make a shirt out of this design

but I think it is too rectangular for a shirt.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
MudGrrl said:
Thank You!
one of my friends is currently trying to figure out how to make a shirt out of this design

but I think it is too rectangular for a shirt.
That would be a nice wraparound T-shirt.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I like it alot, I am bummed though This is the kind of post that really deserves an "I approve" but I have wasted my supply on others less deserving..... I shall be back....

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That looks so good. Pink,black/grey, white always look good. I think you should leave the colors.

It doesn't have to be an xc bike. Why not a 4x/jump bike?

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Cool design. Props on the Illustrator work! It'd be cool to add some ground texture in Photoshop too.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
I dig it. :thumb: The rider in the illustration actually reminds me of our own Capt. Jack Sparrow. Her kit last year had similar colors if I recal correctly.

MudGrrl

Mar 4, 2004
DamienC said:
I dig it. :thumb: The rider in the illustration actually reminds me of our own Capt. Jack Sparrow. Her kit last year had similar colors if I recal correctly.
That would be cool to do up a pic of the Capt.

I just gotta finish up the one I am working on right now.