Quantcast

As Thursday approaches, what I have to be thankful for.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Hey All--

So let me start out by sharing a day in preschool with Alaina. It's the Thursday before Thanksgiving, and the teacher is asking all the kids (about 18-20 on this day) what they are thankful for. As they go around the room, you hear the "common" replies of their dog, blanket, turkey dinner, their TV, and so on. Alaina is last, and when it's her turn, she leans forward, looks over at me, and says, "All of daddy's hugs and kisses". Guess just how fast I melted at that moment. And I still wonder how, as a 4-year-old, she was able to come up with that answer??? You'd think she'd "follow suit" and say something one of the other kids said. Nope, not my angel.

So I am thankful for being able to always share moments that remind me of Alaina here with you and Ridemonkey, and for none of you to ever say "Enough already!". For that, thank you. Now it's your turn-- what are you thankful for? Mind you, too, to keep it clean. None of the booze/drugs/women-men comments. This post is a family post, ok?

Begin...............

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Great family
Great friends
Great health
And the possibility of moving to New Zealand in February!!

Lots to be thankful for this year!

Oh and I just got a new nephew! Can't believe I almost forgot that! And his birthday is 11/11/11!

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
That my nine month old is still single and I don't have to polish my gun in front of young punks yet.
My coon hound is still alive after a illness last month.

Last edited:

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I am thankful to be 20 years old and feeling like I have the world by the balls sometimes.
I am thankful for my family, they are great.
I am thankful for my basic needs being met.
I am thankful for my overall good health.
I am thankful for having some good genetics for gym.
I am thankful for all the experiences I have been through, each shaping me to be stronger/better/faster ultimately.
I am thankful for my motocross bike.
I am thankful for my education I have so far attained.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I am thankful for today and every day that I have with my daughter.

Today for instance, I have had a horrible migraine all day...she took care of me, getting me water, turning off the lights and checking on me after school. All of this after I had her first parent/teacher conference and found out that she is at the top of her class, polite and follows directions well. Definitely makes a mother proud!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I am thankful for my families good health...just visited one of Ewan's friends in the hospital - it's hard to see another 4 year old boy with leukemia.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I'm thankful for beer, bacon, and other random things. Otherwise all of us would be forced to talk about bikes on a bike forum.