Quantcast

Asheville area this weekend 11/20

Aug 7, 2009
Asheville, NC
yo! I'm going to be in asheville this weekend. headed up today, looking for some folks to ride some DH with. Local or not, doesn't matter. thinking bent creek, maybe something else. depends on who i can find to ride with. I'm in the area alot visiting my fiance and job hunting but i still haven't gotten to ride at all.
down for this afternoon /evening after i pick my ride up from S.EX. and/or all day saturday.
if anyone is down hit me up.

chad.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2009
Asheville, NC
so a couple buddies of mine rode up saturday from SC and we all decided we would ride heartbreak. had a really fun ride aside from the climbing parts. top section with all the rocks was fun, but after that it was a little tame. my bullit felt like overkill. anyway ended up following some xc guys down the wrong trail. ended up in graphite which was not where we had parked. figured out our only option after the xc doods refused to take even one of us back to our car, was a grueling road ride back down mill creek road, through downtown old fort, and back to the curtis creek parking area where we had left the car (we had originally intended to ride the FS road down, but that probably wasn't the best idea either.) my buddy's iphone said it was something like 12mi on road total. waaaaaaay farther than i ever want to PEDAL a downhill bike again.

moral of story??? I need to get up with some of you asheville guys and do some riding. pulling some lance **** was not what i had in mind for any part of my ride yesterday.

post or pm if you're down

peace

Last edited: