Quantcast

Asheville is Getting Serious about CYCLING

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Please Read the following in Reverse!!! And don't forget the survey!

Asheville is Getting Serious About Cycling

A reminder that the Bicycle Plan open house is tonite, Thursday, March 8th, from 4-7 p.m. at the Asheville Public Works Building, 161 S. Charlotte St., and a link to the bicycle plan survey. Please pass this along to anyone you think would be interested in participating.

Thanks,

Barb Mee, Transportation Planner
French Broad River MPO
P.O. Box 7148, Asheville, NC 28802
(828) 259-5457
http://frenchbroadrivermpo.org/

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 11:37 AM
Subject: Asheville Bicycle Plan - Online Questionnaire

To: French Broad River MPO Mailing List

For the Asheville Bicycle Plan, there is an online questionnaire for those with an interest in bicycle transportation in the City of Asheville. I forgot to include the link in my last message. If you have any questions about the survey, please contact Daniel Goodman of Toole Design Group at the phone number or email address listed below.

Take the survey here.

http://m1e.net/c?39418907-oPA0cB/MjgQ7M@2305443-O1YeMfP8ogJwU

Contact information for Online Questionnaire:

Daniel W. Goodman, AICP, LEED(r) AP

Toole Design Group, LLC
301.927.2800 (fax)
dgoodman@tooledesign.com
www.tooledesign.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2007 11:17 AM
Subject: Asheville Bicycle Plan Open House Thursday March 8th, 4-7 p.m.

TO: French Broad River MPO Mailing List
Please forward this information to others that might be interested.
March 6, 2007
The City of Asheville is asking area residents to offer ideas on ways to make the city more bicycle-friendly. Nationally known experts on bicycle planning will be in Asheville this week to share information and gather public input at an open-house on Thursday March 8th from 4-7 p.m. in the City of Asheville Public Works Building at 161 South Charlotte Street.

The City has hired consultants from Toole Design Group and Livable Streets, Inc. to prepare Asheville's first comprehensive bicycle plan. The plan, which is partially funded by the North Carolina DOT, will provide recommendations for short-term and long-term improvements for bicycle transportation. Strategies might include completing key links in the Asheville greenway system, and connecting that system to on-road improvements such as bike lanes or paved shoulders.

The City is working closely with the North Carolina DOT, because many of the major roads in the area are controlled by the State. Also, much of the funding for road and bicycle improvements flows through State government. Several years ago the NCDOT initiated a new funding source to complete bicycle plans in North Carolina cities and towns. This plan will identify priorities for making investments in bicycle transportation.

At the open house on Thursday, bicyclists of all skill levels, motorists, and any other interested citizens are encouraged to come share their experiences, identify locations that need improvement, and to offer great ideas for making Asheville a bicycle-friendly community.

Dan Baechtold, AICP, Coordinator
French Broad River Metropolitan Planning Organization
www.frenchbroadrivermpo.org

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
They need to get some bank on the Ghettodrome and get Wolf Laurel running permanately and I would move the Fast-Times office down there real quickly

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I hope you are right. I keep hearing contradicting stories. Some say lots of trails are in the works, and some say nothing is going to happen other then the trail for the race in August. Do you know anything for sure? Congrats on Dark Mtn. by the way.
Well, they are using the race in August as a way to judge what the future will hold. If it goes well, they want to have a full trail system ready for next year's season where they would be open on the weekends. Nothing is set in stone or anything, but I am hopeful.
Either way, everybody needs to show up and race in August,
even all the freechuckers who like riding on plywood.
Tell 'em to take one for the team.:clapping: