Quantcast

Asheville Monkeys-Pisgah Question

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Been riding Mills River alot since it's not to far from the house, which usually entails riding up Wash Creek Road to Spencer Branch and over to Trace Ridge. My Question is at the intersection of Spencer Branch and Trace Ridge there is a trail, FLetcher Creek (i think) that drops down to the west toward the reservoir. Anyone ride this, is it a decent downhill? IS it worth checking out?

Thanks

NZRipper

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Fletcher Creek is definitely worth checking out. Nothing too technical but you can pick up some pretty good speeds down there... and yes the creek crossing is pretty tricky.. and deep at times!

d

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Ummm.....did I miss something on Fletcher Creek? There a few tiny creek crossings, but all you can manual through.

when you turn down Spencer Branch off of Trace Ridge, you will come to a fire road. Spencer Branch goes straight across right there and is not that fun and very short.
At this fire road, turn right and pedal out about 5-10 minutes tops. Youll come to a field in a right hand turn. That's Fletcher Creek.

Beautiful trail through some meadows and under a lot of old pine. It ends in a really fun descent that pops out on a fire road. From there, just continue on up the fire road back to the parking lot..10-15 minutes tops.

If you want a moment of tranquility, turn left on the bottom of Fletcher Creek and ride over to the reservoir about 100 yards back.

Enjoy.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Oh...and on the second open field on Fletcher Creek, look over and down to your left at the big pond. Walk down and check out the artistry that is the massive beaver dam!!! It looks meticulous.