Quantcast

Asheville/Winston-Salem/Raleigh?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
What is there for freeride and/or big bike riding in the Asheville/Winston-Salem/Raleigh area? I drove through there last week, looked like it had the topography for some good shuttle runs, and maybe some pedal to free ride stuff.

Hook a guy up, new to the area, but have folks from Louisiana and Nevada who will vouch if need be.

Biker9190

Chimp
Feb 2, 2006
Yea in Asheville thier is a plase could Trace Ridge in the Mills River area its a nice down hill.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
lol trace ridge is only scratching the surface my friend. next time im in town other than for a race ill hit you guys up and show you some of the other trails. so tatoo are you in asheville or what is the deal there man. ohh well hit me up when ever and ill talk to you boys later.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
frznnomad: I am in Norfolk, VA, but I just came up from New Orleans, so I am used to commuting up to 19 hours to get a ride in.

Let me know when you're going to be banging around down there, and let me know what sort of ride to bring down. I've got a Demo 9, a Nomad, a DJ bike and hell, even my Enduro.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
well i can tell you know the demo will be your best bet man with the style of ridding that we will be putting you threw deffinatly the demo. ohh and for one trail the nomad would be nice too but thats a big maybee.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
So we're saying then that its full tilt, big bike time? I'll bring both bikes, that way we can have a "plethora" (been waiting all day to use that) of riding.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh man full tilt its on like donkey kong, and if we plan this in the summer we can make a trip up to sugar for the day and well there holding a nationals race there this year so yeh its deffinatly full tilt big bike worthy.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Yea, I am hitting all the east coast and midatlantic stuff this summer sans Massanutten, have to go back to New Orleans for graduation.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
tatoo have you ever thought of breaking into the racing scene. i mean you cant beat all the racers on the east coast such badass guys you would have a blast man and you would be able to hit all the crazy dh's on the east coast and then all the locals trails to when you rolled into town man. just a thought.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I like racing thought, too many years of competitive skiing and snowboarding in the blood. Besides, eating poo at high speed makes all the girls misty in the thong...

Wait, reread your post, let me correct.

Yes, I am going to all of the east coast and midatlantic races this year. I did the Mass last year, which is how I got to roll Windrock on the way home. I am also going to the Sea Otter as my yearly pilgrimage to the state that isn't into personal rights, kinda my "good enough to fu*k your mother" to that state.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
lol awsome then man you need to make it to sugar its gonna be crazy as hell man. well ill cya later and ill let you know next time im rolling into town.