Quantcast

AssOmeter

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Damn True i think works for Specialized and turned me on to it in a past thread here on the lounge.... it's a cushion you sit on, you make indents on it with your ass bones and from that measurement you buy a seat according to fit. Welp my old WTB was biting the dust so i went to my lbs and sat on the AssOmeter and bought a Specialized Avatar gel seat..... i've put my ass on the line on Damn True's companies AssOmeter science, gonna put it to the test this Sunday.

What there are better things to talk about? This is a weekend thread man quality goes down, deal with it..... :p

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i need to use one of those. my wtb sst.k on my road bike is still as awesome as ever, but the terry firefly on my trail bike is downright painful :(

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Werd, Speccy makes 3 widths for their nicer saddles, I think true works for the Trailhead Cyclery, which is a very respected Speccy dealer in San Jose...or else he just like the trailhead, not sure

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
punkassean said:
Werd, Speccy makes 3 widths for their nicer saddles, I think true works for the Trailhead Cyclery, which is a very respected Speccy dealer in San Jose...or else he just like the trailhead, not sure
haha i just noticed you're outta dirkadirkastan. Nice how's the weather out there?

dexterq20 said:
Too... many... Santa hat... avatars... :dead:
join us.... Join Us.... JOIN US.....JOIN US!!!!!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
dexterq20 said:
Too... many... Santa hat... avatars... :dead:
at least mines a truly rounded holiday avatar, what with the turkey and all.

If I was still at work I'd pimp your avatar out so you couldn't refuse rockin' the stockin'. :eviltongu

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
punkassean said:
at least mines a truly rounded holiday avatar, what with the turkey and all.

If I was still at work I'd pimp your avatar out so you couldn't refuse rockin' the stockin'. :eviltongu
:rolleyes:

I've already got my holiday avatar ready for duty. I"m just gonna wait till December to unveil it. :think:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Welp i rode on it and the verdict is in.... it works, my junk did not fall asleep. :p
i should wait to to see if it works on a longer uphill ride where i'm seated for super long uphill grinds, but there was a few mile uphill stretch i did and it kept the blood flowing. The avatar gel seat i purchased is actually quite stiff, i can actually feel my ass bones resting firmly on the saddle, therefore propping everything up just enough to keep the blood flowing. But i gotta say that the saddle is still quite stiff. It was becoming a tad uncomfortable after 3 hours or so. (moreso than normal...) So i'm a little worried about that but i'll hold out to see if it breaks in a little and get's a tad softer/more comfy.....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
punkassean said:
Werd, you got the angle dialed-in too? A good saddle is poo at the wrong angle.
Yah it's all dialed in, it's just stiff. Mind you i don't mind that if it breaks in a tad, but for longer rides i'd rather have a sleeping peepee than a bruised ass. :p

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
Welp i rode on it and the verdict is in.... it works, my junk did not fall asleep. :p
i should wait to to see if it works on a longer uphill ride where i'm seated for super long uphill grinds, but there was a few mile uphill stretch i did and it kept the blood flowing. The avatar gel seat i purchased is actually quite stiff, i can actually feel my ass bones resting firmly on the saddle, therefore propping everything up just enough to keep the blood flowing. But i gotta say that the saddle is still quite stiff. It was becoming a tad uncomfortable after 3 hours or so. (moreso than normal...) So i'm a little worried about that but i'll hold out to see if it breaks in a little and get's a tad softer/more comfy.....
Did you pick that up at CC? Kevin has issues with his junk falling asleep too. Lemme me know how it works on the up climbs. I might have to pick one up for a Christmas present.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Yah they got the AssOmeter there. :D Not gonna be a suprise unless you can trick him to sit on it without him know exactly what it is. haha. You can tell him its a fart sponge or somethin... :oink:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I thought this was going to be a thread about Biggins' face...