Quantcast

Astrix Bikes?

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by crazybiker300, Dec 6, 2005.

1. crazybiker300

crazybiker300 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    hey what does everyone know about em? im consitering the Havoc, and i saw a couple pics of them on here, so what does everyone think. otherwise, what does everyone suggest for an "out of the ordinary" frame only DH bike. i need something that i can get more float than big hit compliance out of, so base your suggestions on that

www.astrixsports.com

#1 -   Dec 6, 2005

Please register to disable this ad.

2. dexter

dexter Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 29
    great suspension and geometry but kinda heavy. my buddy and his dad rode the huckers for a while and really liked them

#2 -   Dec 6, 2005
  3. crazybiker300

crazybiker300 Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    ive got a very light build already, so frame weight could be compensated for.

#3 -   Dec 6, 2005
  4. teamkranzelbike

Rep/Likes:
    2 / 8
    The Reading Racing Team in Pa. Has a deal with Astrix. Everyone , but 1 guy loved theirs. My nephew rides one. he is 100 pounds. The complete build we did came in at 43#. These are great handeling bikes. They are what I would call a World cup course bike. The head angle is pretty slack and the wheel base is a bit longer. Takes a bit of saddle time to wotk it on tight east coast, but they are doing it. The one he is riding is set up with a works 888 in front and an el jeffe w/350# ti spring in the rear. The bike is stable at speed and sucks up everything. With the stratos it is more of a stick to the ground kind of bike as opposed to a hop and skip off everything. I hear the new frames are a pound lighter and have a 68mm bb shell insted of a 100mm. The company is top notch as well. Ryan and Diana have helped us out with shock set up and got derallier hangers to us at a moments notice.Can't say enough about them , or their Bikes. The team loved how they handled everything at mt. snow.

#4 -   Dec 7, 2005
  5. WhiteRavenKS

WhiteRavenKS Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    yeah word... i think im that buddy?

anyways, they are good bikes. they have some good geo and work well, seem to hold up to the abuse. they arent the lightest but yeah, you can build them up reasonable for sure. (shameless) know anyone looking for a huckster?

edit- oh yeah, it doesnt just huck, it goes fast too.

#5 -   Dec 9, 2005