Quantcast

Astrodome Photos

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
they set a curfew last night because a group of people came in from parting all night and woke up 15,000 people.
i'm going to try to make a trip over to the GRB maybe this weekend.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
The Toninator said:
they set a curfew last night because a group of people came in from parting all night and woke up 15,000 people.
i'm going to try to make a trip over to the GRB maybe this weekend.
Can you imagine going into a bar and yelling: "Who's gonna buy a Katrina survivor a drink?"

You'd be pretty drunk, pretty fast.

Edit: I'd like to hook up some of the survivors that are here in Phoenix. I think it's pretty tight over there because of all of the press, but I'm gonna check it out tonight...

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
so what are these people going to do now? their houses and their city are distroyed and they are living 300 miles away. what percentage do you think will:

Go home when its all said and done
Stay in Houston and get a job
Stay in Houston and live off welfare

Im not trying to start anything, and have no idea on the %s of them that were homeless/below the poverty line to begin with, but here is what I would think
40-30-30
My bet is that the majority of the displaced will stay in Houston one way or another

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
luken8r said:
so what are these people going to do now? their houses and their city are distroyed and they are living 300 miles away. what percentage do you think will:

Go home when its all said and done
Stay in Houston and get a job
Stay in Houston and live off welfare

Im not trying to start anything, and have no idea on the %s of them that were homeless/below the poverty line to begin with, but here is what I would think
40-30-30
My bet is that the majority of the displaced will stay in Houston one way or another
we're hoping 95% go home. it's a real serious issue.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I Are Baboon said:
Judging by the pics, it looks like things are working out really well for those people.
it's been pretty smooth but that's just a temp they’re trying to shuffle them out of there asap. where 'that' is i'm not sure.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
It does look more than Cozy, but considering the alternatives(death or living in flooded toxic ruins) I think there doing okay, I would be hitting up a Kinko's and getting my Resume out, I am sure those that are industrious won't remain in shelters long.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I was on a flight from Atlanta to Hartford, Ct on tuesday, and this old lady sitting next to us lost everything. She said she found a family who helped her out in Georgia, they clothed her and even paid for her flight to CT where her only remaining family was still alive. Everything she had left was in a carry on black bag. Pretty sad, this lady was about 85.