Quantcast

At least we've reached Friday

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So uh... I just got an email from the shop. Haley's been invited to order a team race suit. Not all the kids get the invite and it's when you cross the threshold over to a team driver. So uh... Yeah. I've still gotta pay for it, which ain't cheap, so I'm not sure because she just got a new Sparco suit. I can think of a lot more that I can do with that $700 for her racing, but god damn.

She's gone from starting outdoors October '22, getting a modern kart in June '23, getting an invite to team training activities in August '23, to a team driver in December '23. My wallet can't handle this. And wifey is going to fucking MURDER me when she finds out that the invite has been extended.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
is your time worth the $50-$100 net profit you might make through this transaction?

10 days post-sickness, and while my lungs have mostly cleared out, I still have an annoying tickle in my throat at night, and a little periodic flegm here and there... This thing is friggin lingering. booo

Gov't has discontinued the free at-home tests I think. Besides, their reliability was pretty questionable overall wasn't it?

I got a telephone consult with my doc when I was sick, and her conclusion was a viral infection. Didn't really matter which one ('vid, flu, RSV), the end result is the same: treat the symptoms, get rest.
Government just offered new at home tests around thanksgiving time. I ordered some for my inlaws and my parents and they have already received them. We have lots of tests at school. I just took one because I am feeling off and lots of folks are testing positive at school. So far mine's negative so maybe I am just teacher tired?

Making some (and by some I mean 6 varieties and about 8 dozen of each) Christmas Cookies today and a couple more batches of Christmas Crack. Good times.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So uh... I just got an email from the shop. Haley's been invited to order a team race suit. Not all the kids get the invite and it's when you cross the threshold over to a team driver. So uh... Yeah. I've still gotta pay for it, which ain't cheap, so I'm not sure because she just got a new Sparco suit. I can think of a lot more that I can do with that $700 for her racing, but god damn.

She's gone from starting outdoors October '22, getting a modern kart in June '23, getting an invite to team training activities in August '23, to a team driver in December '23. My wallet can't handle this. And wifey is going to fucking MURDER me when she finds out that the invite has been extended.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Well shit. My brother is at the ER. Pissing blood. He had 7 tumors removed from his bladder three weeks ago, along with a chemo treatment. I guess it's not getting better. He's my little bro and I'm freaking worried about him.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Do it. At least it's not cheerleading.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
shit. sorry to hear that @slyfink

/me, running around, picking up house, doing laundry, preparing for mother in law and my dad simultaneous arrival tomorrow (dad staying to thurs; mil stopping on her way to ashevegas to see my brother in law and his fam).

feeling less achy. want to go snowboarding again soon. also to ride le bike.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hmm, shorts weather incoming.

Well shit. My brother is at the ER. Pissing blood. He had 7 tumors removed from his bladder three weeks ago, along with a chemo treatment. I guess it's not getting better. He's my little bro and I'm freaking worried about him.
All the best man.