Quantcast

At what age did you stop growing?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I stopped growing height-wise at about 20. Sadly mother nature short changed me in that department. I am only 5'6" but would have another couple of inches had my lower legs not bowed as badly as they did when I was little. Between 20 and 25 the body changed in other ways... it became more "manly". Thicker body hair, more strength, a little filling out of the muscles. Stuff like that.

Age is relative. I have met some pretty sad 20 year olds who sit on their couch all day and act like they are 60. And then there is my dad, who has been into fitness since he was 20, and is now 54. I STILL can't keep up with that guy! I swear his body thinks it's 25. Do you know how creepy it is to be 25 and bring over your GF or date to meet your dad and have her say, "Your dad is hot."?!

And we all see the occasional story about the 70+ guy who rides mountin bikes and such. It's all in your mind (as long as you take care of your body, that is). :thumb:

By the way, I am 33 now and having way more fun that when I was in my 20's.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
5'10-11 right now and have grown real slow over the last 4 years or so. I am 18 now and I was accepting the fact that I woulden't grow anymore.....now that I read this thread I think it would be cool to hit another growth spurt! :D

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
BurlyShirley said:
ha!

I was weighing about 185-190 when i got out the Marines, then I had all summer working and riding my ass off and then got mono, so I got down to about 168, which was scary for me, but now that im too tired to do anything stil becuase of being sick with mono, i weigh like 185 only now its fat. :angry:
Welcome to getting older... :mumble:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
BurlyShirley said:
Just curious to find out about other people, becuase just yesterday I measured myself, and I am now 6 feet tall. Ive been just under 5'11 for the longest but I guess in the last year or so, I gained another inch and Im 22 years old.

Anyone else get growth spurts like that past 20?

In other news, Im starting to get hair in wierd places too.
Not to worry, BS...it's called the Pygmalian Effect. 5'11" guys suddenly measuring themselves at 6'0" is no more common than guys with 5" dicks suddenly sprouting another 0.65" in order to make it up to the penile mean...they just start measuring from their bungholes. :D

I.E., since being 6' tall is considered manly, you subconsciously aspire to those unattainable heights and will get there no matter how thick the carpet padding need be, how slanted your pencil stroke is or how many tape measures you must go through to find one that measures "accurately".

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
BurlyShirley said:
Dude, I cant even get up 2 flights of stairs without breathing all heavy and my pulse racing. Its ****ing awful.
Sounds like the perfect time to come back out here for some Colorado front range XC. :devil:

Seriously tho, that sucks.

Back on topic. I think I stopped growing (height wise) somewhere around my late teens, but my feet kept growning until my mid to late 20's. In college I was 6' and wore a 10/10.5 shoe. I now wear 11.5/12. Stupid feet.

towelie

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Santa Barbara county
At age 14 I stopped growing. I became deathly sick that summer, so I'm not sure if that was related or what. I was already 5' 11.5" and wore a size 10 shoe so I was pretty normal sized, although shorter than my father or grandfathers. I remained that size through college (age 22). By age 24 or 25 I was 6' 1/2" and wore a size 11! That was really suprising to have a 10 year hiatus and then hit another growth spurt! I think it was from the relief of stress from being finished with school :) I'm 27 now and have only grown another fraction of an inch if at all. So yeah- it is normal for guys to grow in their 20's.

J

JRB

If you are wondering if you junk is always gonna be displeasing to the ladies, BS, the answer is yes. You may be stuck with little willy.