Quantcast

At what point do you say "Brotha, you got to do your own livin?"

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
The painting party is a great idea, assuming he's telling you the truth and not just covering for his wife being a b1tch. If you end up parting ways, don't burn that bridge. That's the difference in hoes vs bros - he can come back in 2 years and you guys will pick up right where you left off.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Its an interesting idea. I will throw it out to the troopers, see what they say.

I have this feeling the resounding answer is going to be "**** that, we're not driving two hours to help that cvnt or her family" as everyone is pretty hot over this issue, but its worth a shot.

The other thing I think here is that for the rest of us who are married, it wouldn't go down like this. We've all been there, we all managed our **** better then this. Personally I think the boy needs to work on his pimp hand some.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wow, so now I feel like a dick.

Her mom went today.
I am watching the kid for a night or two.

I really feel like the asshole.

You all were right, I was wrong.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Hey, don't think of it like that.

Bad things happen, and you want make sure your ship is tight. You care, and there is nothing wrong with that.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Still feel like a first class, royal like Princess Diana asshole for thinking to throw my man over in hard times.

What was I thinking...

Aug 6, 2007
amish country
Still feel like a first class, royal like Princess Diana asshole for thinking to throw my man over in hard times.

What was I thinking...
through reading this i completely expected you to do what you just did, be there when he really needed help. I have been in the same situation with a friend and i just had to put some distance. Still, if he called me right now at 5am i would go help him if he needed it. I refuse to support his actions in regards to his loonie wife though...i made no bones about it and he knows that is the reason for the distance.

side note: This thread is exhibit A as to why vagina's is like the dark side....once you start down it's path, forever will it control your destiny. (here's to good wives who aren't Douche rockets)

All the other crap is his own doing and he needs to get right with what's important to him. If you are not one of those things that he gets right with, then how is it your fault for distancing yourself? I am not saying disown the guy, but let him know that you've gone as far as you are prepared to go and the next part is his turn to step up and give a little. You dont have to be there for every melt down and help the guy out at every turn. especially if he cant get his life right.

Give it a month (for the current situation to normalize) and then see if something needs done again with confronting the friend. If everything is back to the way it was, then you need to have a talk with him. Maybe you are just there in times like this; when he really needs you. Nothing says you cant be there then and just let him go do his own thing for a while. Chances are if she is as bad as you say, he is going to get divorced sooner or later. Few can take abuse like that. I know more than one friend who had it happen to them.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Wow, so now I feel like a dick.

Her mom went today.
I am watching the kid for a night or two.

I really feel like the asshole.

You all were right, I was wrong.
Don't feel like too much of a dick. A dick wouldn't be feeling bad or watching the kid.

I sincerely hope things work out well for your friend and his wife, which will lead to things working out better for you and your friend.

Good luck!

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
sorry to hear about the turn of events. but all that counts now is not what you were contemplating, but the fact that you were able to be there for him. i can't imagine that his wife doesn't see it...even if she's a b*tch. give it a month or so and hopefully now that they won't have the stresses of caring for a sick elderly parent, he can find a balance between home life and friends.

good luck.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
through reading this i completely expected you to do what you just did, be there when he really needed help. I have been in the same situation with a friend and i just had to put some distance. Still, if he called me right now at 5am i would go help him if he needed it. I refuse to support his actions in regards to his loonie wife though...i made no bones about it and he knows that is the reason for the distance.
Nice of you to tell me you think my wife is loonie on a public forum... just because she cant stand YOU!

side note: This thread is exhibit A as to why vagina's is like the dark side....once you start down it's path, forever will it control your destiny.
HE DON'T LIE!!!

(here's to good wives who aren't Douche rockets)
PFFffrtttt.... if your wife was sooo good you wouldn't be typing this at 4 in the morning... you would be sleeping and she would be up with the baby!

Just kidding on all of this of course!

Dirt, on a serious note, Sorry for your friend and his wife/family. Your support is really important and although you feel bad about questioning your friendship (which we all do), your actions are what counts... you may be the last one of your friends to count this guy out! You care and that is step one, and as I always say... My definition of an @sshole is someone who doesn't self evealuate, judge their thoughts and actions and make adjustments to be a better person.

you my freind are not an @sshole, nor are you wrong to evaluate the status of your friendships! I wish you and your friends family the best, hang in there!

Aug 6, 2007
amish country
"Brungeman wrote: PFFffrtttt.... if your wife was sooo good you wouldn't be typing this at 4 in the morning... you would be sleeping and she would be up with the baby!

Just kidding on all of this of course!"

Allegedly my baby. The baby has a receding hairline, tattoo's on her legs, and says "Mang" alot, and hates i mean hates black bears. Come to think of it...didnt you stop by my house last year and i wasnt home.....:banana:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
"Brungeman wrote: PFFffrtttt.... if your wife was sooo good you wouldn't be typing this at 4 in the morning... you would be sleeping and she would be up with the baby!

Allegedly my baby. The baby has a receding hairline, tattoo's on her legs, and says "Mang" alot, and hates i mean hates black bears. Come to think of it...didnt you stop by my house last year and i wasnt home.....:banana:

Pffftt! some investigator you are! It took you this long to figure it out? :clapping: You get a cookie! (thats ok I stills gettin pie mang! )