Quantcast

at what point does it become harrassment?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
so one of the people that live behind us in an apartment complex has called the humane society twice and animal control once in the last month because aparently they dont think i take care of my dog properly. the people at the humane society came in and looked around twice and found nothing wrong with the way i take care of my dog. they said the complaint was about him not having shelter.(he sleeps in a doghouse under the halfpipe) so i figured it was resolved after the first visit.

but nooooo, they came out again yesterday and found the same stuff. so they flagged whoever this neighbor is and promised not to bother me again. so then this morning at 7:30AM i get a knock on my door from animal control. so this person got a no from the HS and just changes angencies. its like come on. i take care of my dog. when do i stop putting up with this sh!t and find out who it is and take them to civil court for harassment?

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
Call each house and say "Hi, I'm [x] from the humane society, and I'm following up a complaint about a dog at [address]"

If they continue the conversation, you know it was them.

Then again, that might get you in trouble too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Call the humane society that you dealt with originally. Explain to them that whoever had been reporting you and got flagged is now going through other organizations (animal control). Ask them if they could notify the other agencies to flag them as well.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Call the humane society that you dealt with originally. Explain to them that whoever had been reporting you and got flagged is now going through other organizations (animal control). Ask them if they could notify the other agencies to flag them as well.
When you call, tell them your name is Michael Vick.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Now is as good a time as any.
the problem with it is that this person switched agencies. the lady from animal control said that this isn't harassment for them yet. and the person from the humane society said that the calls were anonymous. which i dont get. i dont know what to do. everything is compliant, its just extremely annoying having them come to my house on the daily.

i also find it insulting that someone seems to think i dont care about my dog. he is like my kid. and they must be crazy if they think that i am going to keep a 50lb dog with tons of energy inside.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the problem with it is that this person switched agencies. the lady from animal control said that this isn't harassment for them yet. and the person from the humane society said that the calls were anonymous. i dont know what to do. everything is compliant, its just extremely annoying having them come to my house on the daily.
Try to get something in writing from the humane society and show it to animal control.

Or give them something to actually complain about. Like a burning cross in your yard.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
You say that you think the person calling is from an apartment complex behind your house? Can they see your roof? If so, paint a big "F--- You!" on it.

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Process of elimination, dude.
How many people have a direct line of sight to your dog?
How many of those people do you know/like?
How many do you hate?

This could have nothing to do with the dog. Any new enemies?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Get 2 sawhorses and a plank. Put a rope up in a tree and don't tie it in a knot, just let it sit there loose. Put the rope around the dogs neck and mock hang your dog. Make it so that it is really obvious what your doing. Act all crazy and chit! When your neighbors come out to prevent you from hanging your dog, sick your dog on them. Then have them arrested for trespassing.. That is what I would do....

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
the only clear solution here is to rape them, of course it must be done anally, and they must be male, and you must use a utensil (since I assume your female).

Of course if they are female than this method is unacceptable and wrong and I suggest you tell them to kiss off.

I went through this with one of my former neighbors on more than one occasion. They called numerous times complaining my husky would cry, and was cold, and was sleeping in her own poo....

Animal control came over to find a kennel, with a cement floor, with a dog house, with a blanket, a 5 gallon pale of fresh water and evergreens surrounding the kennel as a windblock/shade. The train went by and blew its horn, my dog mimmicked this, the animal control guy laughed and told me to have a nice day.

In the summer someone called, (assuming the same guy) and the same animal control guy showed up to find the dog with plenty of water, in teh shade with no poo in the kennel.

They never came back.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Legally, you have a right to know who it is that has made a complaint against you in the state of California. If it come sin as an anonymous call, they have no legal right to enter your property without a warrant, and have no legal action with your animals without a warrant.

Get it in writing that all is good from HS, next time someone stops by, hand it to them, tell them to leave or youll contact the police and have them arrested for trespassing...... If they cannot provide you with who it was that made the complaint, they MUST leave the property, even if they show with the police... if they do not have a warrant, they cannot come on your property.

YOu can also have a lawyer send a letter to both agencies letting them know they cannot stop by your property without either the name of the conmplaintant, or a warrant to enter the property without it being harrassment.

Good luck bro, I have dealt with this in the past, bassically my neighbor was pissed because I feed my dog good food. So if she droped a pile it wofted, almost right away.... she would call almost daily syaing I was going weeks and weeks without cleaning up my yard. I basically had to do exactly what I listed... Started telling them to piss off unless they provide a name, finally they came witha name, I then filed with the city for harrassement from that neighbor when I had probably ten letters from the Animal control that everything was more than in order.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
As someone who identifies with the person that's calling animal control on you, there must be SOMETHING that you're doing that could be considered cruel to this dog. No one is going to call them based on a dog that lives in someone's large backyard and has free roam.

Is the dog on a chain most of the day? Does he have adequate shelter when it gets cold and proper shade when he gets hot? There's bound to be some part of this story that isn't getting told.

Animal control officers see the worst of the worst so if you're not breaking any laws (in NC, domestic animals only have to be able to turn around in their cages and have a water bowl IIRC), so they're not gonna care if you're just being ethically irresponsible.

(Not to say that you are...just curious.)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
As someone who identifies with the person that's calling animal control on you, there must be SOMETHING that you're doing that could be considered cruel to this dog. No one is going to call them based on a dog that lives in someone's large backyard and has free roam.

Is the dog on a chain most of the day? Does he have adequate shelter when it gets cold and proper shade when he gets hot? There's bound to be some part of this story that isn't getting told.

Animal control officers see the worst of the worst so if you're not breaking any laws (in NC, domestic animals only have to be able to turn around in their cages and have a water bowl IIRC), so they're not gonna care if you're just being ethically irresponsible.

(Not to say that you are...just curious.)
You're saying that because someone who has never been to his house makes some calls, it must have some validity?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and they must be crazy if they think that i am going to keep a 50lb dog with tons of energy inside.
actually....people with large dogs that have tons of energy actually do keep their dogs inside.

they don't have neighbors bitching about them.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
actually....people with large dogs that have tons of energy actually do keep their dogs inside.

they don't have neighbors bitching about them.
50 lbs? I missed that. I have a 75 lb German Shepard mix and a 50 lb Yellow Lab mix that both live inside. It's easy to take a dog for a walk or to a dog park.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I have two Jack Russels. I used to have a neighbor back some ten years ago who would always call animal control claiming that the dogs were in the yard yapping their heads off.

Mind you, my kids don't bark unless someone is messing with them.

Finally one weekend when the guy knew I was out of town he called animal control on my ex-wife. I knew the proper legal responses, knew how to tell them in no uncertain, but yet polite terms, to go fvck themselves without a warrant. She didn't.

So the AC douche nozzle wrote her a summons. I went in and defended it, and took in a tape I had made of this particular **** stick messing with my dogs by throwing rocks at them.

I got the case against us dismissed with prejudice, filed a counter suit against him, and then proceeded to go after him for $100k in emotional damages due to the tape.

We ended up settling out of court for an undisclosed amount, part of which was his agreement to move out of his house and rent it to someone else.

Work smarter son, not harder. They fvck with you, you find a more eloquent way to fvck with them.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have two Jack Russels. I used to have a neighbor back some ten years ago who would always call animal control claiming that the dogs were in the yard yapping their heads off.

Mind you, my kids don't bark unless someone is messing with them.

Finally one weekend when the guy knew I was out of town he called animal control on my ex-wife. I knew the proper legal responses, knew how to tell them in no uncertain, but yet polite terms, to go fvck themselves without a warrant. She didn't.

So the AC douche nozzle wrote her a summons. I went in and defended it, and took in a tape I had made of this particular **** stick messing with my dogs by throwing rocks at them.

I got the case against us dismissed with prejudice, filed a counter suit against him, and then proceeded to go after him for $100k in emotional damages due to the tape.

We ended up settling out of court for an undisclosed amount, part of which was his agreement to move out of his house and rent it to someone else.

Work smarter son, not harder. They fvck with you, you find a more eloquent way to fvck with them.
:shocked:

:clapping: