Quantcast

$atan day nata$

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Why isn't commie bon iver more popular? I'm all for the peeps fighting for their rights so kids should jam to this.

Also jesus Polish inflation makes US inflation look like a joke. Highest numbers since communism ended. Also people with mortgages are fucked with current interest rates. I've seen people get 30-40% higher rates since the year started.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I had a good day, went for a bodyboard, got the camera out and went for a stroll through the bush then went for a late ride. Four months of on and off rain has made some nice ruts in the local trails, I was a bit excited, I like ruts, I dislike people on enduro bikes that ride around ruts.
IMGP6286.jpg

Still can't get the focus right, got the eye in the reflection better than on the actual bird.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Also people with mortgages are fucked with current interest rates. I've seen people get 30-40% higher rates since the year started.
I only just recently learned that long term fixed rates are not the norm outside of the US. I'm of the opinion that that is kind of nuts. I'm WAY to "risk adverse" to take a variable long term loan for exactly that reason. Market takes one halfway hard turn and you could be proper fucked.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Also people with mortgages are fucked with current interest rates. I've seen people get 30-40% higher rates since the year started.
But until now haven't these variable rates been deliciously close to negative? Or was that just an isolated Northern Europe phenomenon?

/me saw Sonic 2 last night. 'twas ok, I guess

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Daddy-daughter dance was realistically just the guys on the edge of the gym socializing while the girls went crazy dancing. Sometimes they would pull a dad out to dance, but it was largely a sugar fueled, pre-teen rave.

Slept on the bed last night with Layla nicely in her crate. The sedative they gave her was making her paranoid, apparently. Little bit more work on the bike and study today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I only just recently learned that long term fixed rates are not the norm outside of the US. I'm of the opinion that that is kind of nuts. I'm WAY to "risk adverse" to take a variable long term loan for exactly that reason. Market takes one halfway hard turn and you could be proper fucked.
Also means more conservative borrowers and less likelihood of insane real estate bubbles fueled by cheap, safe money.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
more work on the jeep, wiring harness day.

FYI, Modern jeeps now have a CANBUS system that some legs can have down to a .05 Milliamp voltage reference that if out of spec can shut down the whole circuit and even supplemental circuits to prevent damage so tapping into stock systems is no longer an option. In order to run any additional circuits and accessories you need to make a stand alone harness for such. In my case I have to supply power for a laundry list of lights, cornucopia of comms, multitude of media, as well as power points for compressor, fridge and charging ports for all the other gear I pack along. fun

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Saw Dave Attell at Helium last night and he did not disappoint. I've been a fan forever but had not seen him live. I was missing out, it seems.

Jeff Ross is coming in a few weeks, so that might need to happen as well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Busy weekend is half over!
Yesterday was Gymnastics State Championships. Alex, level 3 (small one) had a FANTASTIC meet. Scoring 36.75 (out of 40) which was good enough for 3rd place all around in the state. She won FIRST PLACE on Bars and scored 3rd on Vault and Beam and Floor. She was over the moon. Sydney had a decent meet, level 8 and maintained her league title on Beam with a FIRST PLACE finish and finished 3rd overall. She was 4th on vault and floor and 2nd on bars. Honestly, 2 days ago we weren't even sure she was going to be able to compete because she rolled her ankle at practice so she is happy.
Today I have a college band concert (I teach sectionals for them and play) and then it's finally time to relax a bit before the week begins.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
2797F008-960D-4A8D-9FA0-99B914108D70.jpeg

Finishing up trimming some trees I noticed while spreading fertilizer. Finishing the mowing project after that. Hoping to slab a log or two later.
Arm roast in the crock pot that will get turned into pasta sauce tonight.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Coffee with the girls. Short ride later, to be followed by some garden work and cooking something for dinner.

20220501_112039.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hauling Layla up and down the stairs is starting to cause my sciatica to act up again. This is just fucking great.