Quantcast

ATL scene

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
Whats the best place to meet xc/dh/street riders in atlanta? Is there some sort of local site that is worth checking out? Ive seen sorba but that covers alot of area and im looking for some locals since im going to be moving there soon. Thanks for the help.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
It is kinda spread out around the ATL - although good street spots downtown
Ga Tech campus and just roam around downtown finding stuff.
Lookout for street rides on ride sofa.org
There is some bmx tracks dual slalom and skatepark stuff in surrounding counties

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
It is kinda spread out around the ATL - although good street spots downtown
Ga Tech campus and just roam around downtown finding stuff.
Lookout for street rides on ride sofa.org
There is some bmx tracks dual slalom and skatepark stuff in surrounding counties
Thanks man. Any good stuff at emory? Im going to live about 20 min riding time from there so it would be great if there is fun stuff in the area. Im actually sitting in a hotel at decatur now. There seems to be all sorts of fun stuff all over the place

fatbaldguy

Chimp
Jan 22, 2007
im looking for someone to dirt jump with, must be funny, attractive and like to dance. seriously there are some awesome djs in gwinnett co. that nobody rides and im too old and smart to ride by myself.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Voreis came down there last summer and was raving about the endless street riding in ATL that he did. Was saying he even wanted the New World Disorder guys to come film a segment there.

Apparently on the AllRide Tour, he hooked up with a bunch of locals who showed him some really impressive stuff.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
im looking for someone to dirt jump with, must be funny, attractive and like to dance. seriously there are some awesome djs in gwinnett co. that nobody rides and im too old and smart to ride by myself.
I am damn funny - cute and love to dirt jump but I am hetero bro
where deez jumps? Gwinete eh?

Voreis came down there last summer and was raving about the endless street riding in ATL that he did. Was saying he even wanted the New World Disorder guys to come film a segment there.

Apparently on the AllRide Tour, he hooked up with a bunch of locals who showed him some really impressive stuff.
Yeah all his stuff is on the GA Tech campus, except the little wall ride. That is at Piedmont Park. I was sitting in my LBS watching the video and started to recognize the spots that I used to ride. Vories should have got film of the stair drop just behind the fountain. I think in his run up to the girl he swipes, you can see a parking lot in the backround. To the right is a parking deck that has great double stair gap that is really narrow.
There is a shiit-ton of stuff to ride downtown.

singlepivot

Chimp
Mar 13, 2007
ATL
i was on that ride with Vories. saw him do a 360 on the grass hill by the sports complex at tech. i dislocated my shoulder on a 5' wall drop showing off in front of his wife. :poster_oops:

agreed, there is alot to ride downtown and all over atlanta. atlanta also has small forest parks in town that lend themselves to good urban/trail rides.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Anyone know if they are coming back through ATL this year - just
heard Voreis was in Asheville a couple days ago. I would like to invite
em out to my dual course. I know Kurt from racing Norbas, ain't
close enough to have digits or anything but, would like to get up on some
riding if they come back through GA

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Don't get your hopes up Chuck - his entourage was spotted heading North on I-81 as we were coming back from 'Nutten, so I'm assuming they're working their way up towards the Open.

How're you looking for Windrock in two weeks?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Don't get your hopes up Chuck - his entourage was spotted heading North on I-81 as we were coming back from 'Nutten, so I'm assuming they're working their way up towards the Open.

How're you looking for Windrock in two weeks?
nah. He's not doing the Open. He did a Demo in New York and is rollin' out from there. Said he's got too much going with the Allride to make it happen.

Oh, and Chuck just go to his website and ask him from there.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Should have bike built by then, got everything I don't already have, headed this way.
As far as time that weekend-at this point It looks good for at least one full day. I am hoping for two.
I am assuming you guys are still planning on heading up that weekend?
I thought I had at least Brady's no. but I changed phones - give me
a call like this weekend, or pm me on monkey to let me know the scoop
thanks

Yeah Butch I just heard he hit Atl. last year on this forum,
I just know he's cool to ride with and thought I might catch up with em
if they were in the area.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Should have bike built by then, got everything I don't already have, headed this way.
As far as time that weekend-at this point It looks good for at least one full day. I am hoping for two.
I am assuming you guys are still planning on heading up that weekend?
I thought I had at least Brady's no. but I changed phones - give me
a call like this weekend, or pm me on monkey to let me know the scoop
thanks

Yeah Butch I just heard he hit Atl. last year on this forum,
I just know he's cool to ride with and thought I might catch up with em
if they were in the area.
What frame did you end up going with? I am sorry I forgot to call you back that night. Got home and had to change a dipper!!!!!

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Giant glory 8 with a Travis triple 203mm
Hope hubs on mavic 729's
Profiles cranks work with 83mm bb I hope mrp cg system
hayes 8" disc
protaper os bars thomson st sp
old style xtr 8 spd shifter and der.
Maxxis Minions et.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Giant glory 8 with a Travis triple 203mm
Hope hubs on mavic 729's
Profiles cranks work with 83mm bb I hope mrp cg system
hayes 8" disc
protaper os bars thomson st sp
old style xtr 8 spd shifter and der.
Maxxis Minions et.
Cool, you will like it a lot. After this weekends race I can say I made a good choice on the Glory...... Its Butter!!!!!!

Bloch

Chimp
Jul 29, 2002
GA
Can anyone PM me or post up here directions to the Tribble Mill Park jumps. I heard they are pretty good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryan

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Can anyone PM me or post up here directions to the Tribble Mill Park jumps. I heard they are pretty good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryan
Welcome the board Bloch, but those jumps are probably too advanced for you. You should start on something smaller.

Bloch

Chimp
Jul 29, 2002
GA
Hey there, thanks for the big welcome. You are probably right. I heard there are some really little jumps up in Knoxville, maybe Bigfoot or something like that, that are perfect for beginners! Anyone???

Bloch

Chimp
Jul 29, 2002
GA
Yea, Ive still got a dirt jump bike. I am going to go up to the open and race on one of Morewood's bikes from last year. I miss my downhill bike, but I have no time to ride it. Maybe next year. Jeff, we need meet up sometime and go ride.

Spazwell, I am charging for set up this year. No more freebee's. So hopefully I should make some money this year as I heard your set up was lawndarting you into the woods at Massanutten? But, I heard you beat Doug at so its all good right??

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Bloch,

No its not all good that he beat me. However, the VIP at the Emerald is all good. Of course in a butter baked potato kind of way.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Hey there, thanks for the big welcome. You are probably right. I heard there are some really little jumps up in Knoxville, maybe Bigfoot or something like that, that are perfect for beginners! Anyone???
I thought you only road nose wheelies and replaced boxxer crowns...you mean you actually ride MTB:disgust1: ?