Quantcast

ATL SUPERCROSS This WEEKEND - Help Me out!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
OK.
So I want to go to the Supercross this weekend. Mike McCoy has offered me couch at his house in Kennesaw so I probably have a place to crash. But now that he and Bloch and others are talking about going to this skatepark, I wanna go there. All I got for that is my "XC" hardtail which is a little tall for park stuff and has triple rings, no guide on it. But I figure I'll go anyway and look ghetto!

What's the deal and what's everybody got up their sleeve. I'll probably sit with the "DH" cult if they don't ostricize me that is....

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I'll be there (ATL) all day saturday. Got some special hookups and great seats. Can't wait! Especially now, since there is actually some racing goin' on in the 250 class. (ie:reed beat ricky this weekend...)

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
unfortunately, no. We got 'em about four months ago! It'll still be better than watching from home, though. just bring a telescoping lens to get a pic of that 30 second board girl!

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
Andrew Parson, Matt Mills, and I are going to be heading down for the race. See you losers there! Would be nice to pull up some carpet somewhere?

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
I'm from Augusta (2hrs east of Atlanta), but I go to school in Kentucky at Lindsey Wilson.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Peachtree City (about 20 mins east of the skatepark) is having a race on Sunday so once you get done riding the park, come ride the track (it's full-on SX). If it rains, Brady and I will come ride the park with you guys. I'll check back in a few days.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
JeffD said:
Peachtree City (about 20 mins east of the skatepark) is having a race on Sunday so once you get done riding the park, come ride the track (it's full-on SX). If it rains, Brady and I will come ride the park with you guys. I'll check back in a few days.
what is this "race" you speak of?

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
I got PLENTY of floor space if anyone wants to stay here. It's not in Atlanta though as you guys know, but thought I would offer.

Butch, I'll have my Evil with me Sunday and you can bum rides at the park on it if you want, I don't care. I was there today and cracked my full face helmet! Crash replacement!! I'll be rocking the old Bieffe MX helmet I had from 3 years ago for the park Sunday.

But if everyone wanted to go to Peachtree for the race that would be cool too, they just rebuilt the track.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Taz said:
I got PLENTY of floor space if anyone wants to stay here. It's not in Atlanta though as you guys know, but thought I would offer.

Butch, I'll have my Evil with me Sunday and you can bum rides at the park on it if you want, I don't care. I was there today and cracked my full face helmet! Crash replacement!! I'll be rocking the old Bieffe MX helmet I had from 3 years ago for the park Sunday.

But if everyone wanted to go to Peachtree for the race that would be cool too, they just rebuilt the track.
that's cool bro. I just realized I might not get down there Friday courtesy of my....fatherly obligations. Maybe early Saturday or some crap.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Taz said:

I'm dying to check out this park...assuming the local skate punks don't jump me and take my wallet.
Is anybody doing any riding Saturday day since I can't get down before then? And anybody know what it takes to get into the pits before the races?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Butch, I'm going to ride either Chuck's or some freeride crap we found in Newnan saturday. Leaning more towards Chuck's because of the rain lately. His place drains and dries fast.
You've seen the posts about mansell being closed.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
McDonough's BMX track (very MTB friendly - about 25 minutes south of downtown) is having open gate practice from 1:30-3:30.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
JeffD said:
McDonough's BMX track (very MTB friendly - about 25 minutes south of downtown) is having open gate practice from 1:30-3:30.
We will try to work that in with riding Chuck's.
DVNT, a few of us including Chuck will be at his place saturday not sunday.
Sunday is PTC's opening day.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
welll that fUKKIN sucked. I get to ATL at 9am...had been calling all the ATL crew I knew for hours. finally at 2pm I get hold of Herndon and am told around 30 people are at the dirt jumps near Cycleworks. But I'm in Duluth at a friends house and Roswell is an hour away...so I didn't get to ride.
I wasn't gonna drive into downtown Atlanta by myself, wade through traffic and wander the massive complex of that frickin dome in hopes of running into anybody.

hope you guys enjoyed it...my ass had to sit on a couch and watch a bunch of XBox dorks play Halo 2...wheee.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
nope...a 45 minute or so drive in traffic in downtown Atlanta (where I've never been), a 30-45 minute search for a bunch of people I may or may not find nad may or may not know and or be invited to hang with, followed by an infinite walk back to the car and grueling grind of sitting in traffic for who knows how long, followed by a solo trip back to NC...?
No thanks. If I'd been able to find out where the heck everybody was before hand and get some riding in too, that would have been a different story.

But to drive all that way and not ge to ride and face the traffic too...no thanks.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Don't forget the 50 bucks for parking in a dirt lot across from the dome.

B

bigkonarider

Hey- don't feel so bad Buzuth.
I missed the turnoff back to Knoxville one & kept going on the OTHER HIGHWAY toward the Carolinas. I tried to take a shortcut up 441 & never found it {1 hour useless deviation} & went through 2 extra states & through ASHVILLE to get back to Knoxville.
On top of it i got pulled over & a Speeding Ticket through the TURNS outa Asheville to K-town. Only & 3 hour trip--- that took 7......................

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
motomike said:
dude it was more like 8 bucks, that I saw.
8 for the orange lot which was full by 3 o'clock

When we left the lot across from the dome 50, the one next to that was 45.
They doubled in price from the time we got there (@3) to the time we left around 5.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
DVNT said:
8 for the orange lot which was full by 3 o'clock

When we left the lot across from the dome 50, the one next to that was 45.
They doubled in price from the time we got there (@3) to the time we left around 5.

man, that royally sucks! i saw it around 12:30ish. What I did this year, was got three other people together, got a room at the OMNI(right next to the dome)and split the $180.00 room. Will definitely do it again next year. Should have bought my ticket! :D