Quantcast

Atlanta SuperCross

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
Possibly one of the best races ever! I was almost happy that Carmichael wrecked, because his comeback was AMAZING! Carmichael is Undoubtably one of the BEST riders. I mean him and Reed lapped some of the best riders on the circuit. Our seats were amazing also, 2nd level in the endzone! Here are some pics. . . I also have some video but not sure if it will post.

Attachments

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Great pics! Those pits were sooo crowded! Luckily my friend is the man and knows several of the pros and mechanics, so we got to see the REAL pits! Your right on, that was by far one of the best races that I have ever seen. When RC went down, I was like "holy sh*t, here we go!" The 125, er 250F class was also great. Did you notice Millsaps'? The dude got the worst start ever, and just sliced through the pack like they weren't even there!

The whole time during that event, I was thinking, okay, so how do we get mountain biking to this level? It was insane! Over 62,000 crazy half-drunk people screaming as loud as they could. I thought about having a MTX race at the Las Vegas race (isn't that the one where they go up the stairs, covered in dirt, and do a U-turn and come back?)and starting at the top of that hill and bangin' bars in between the main events. That would be cool...or how about at the US Open? It's the same weekend as Interbike, which is right across the freakin' streat!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
motomike said:
Great pics! Those pits were sooo crowded! Luckily my friend is the man and knows several of the pros and mechanics, so we got to see the REAL pits! Your right on, that was by far one of the best races that I have ever seen. When RC went down, I was like "holy sh*t, here we go!" The 125, er 250F class was also great. Did you notice Millsaps'? The dude got the worst start ever, and just sliced through the pack like they weren't even there!

The whole time during that event, I was thinking, okay, so how do we get mountain biking to this level? It was insane! Over 62,000 crazy half-drunk people screaming as loud as they could. I thought about having a MTX race at the Las Vegas race (isn't that the one where they go up the stairs, covered in dirt, and do a U-turn and come back?)and starting at the top of that hill and bangin' bars in between the main events. That would be cool...or how about at the US Open? It's the same weekend as Interbike, which is right across the freakin' streat!
That's the LA Coliseum. And that race would be about 5 seconds long considering the pros can gap from the top of the stadium straight to the floor below. :D

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
bizutch said:
That's the LA Coliseum. And that race would be about 5 seconds long considering the pros can gap from the top of the stadium straight to the floor below. :D
nah, just use that as a start to get some speed. shoot, just make 'em go down the freakin' stairs! Skip the dirt.