Quantcast

Atom Lab 12mm hubs

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Has any one ever had any experience with them? I dont have enough money for a ringle or hadley and was wondering if they were solid?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
mack said:
Has any one ever had any experience with them? I dont have enough money for a ringle or hadley and was wondering if they were solid?
Keep saving your pennies for that Hadley.

I had a TP hub and the freehub stripped itself because they packed it with sticky grease which kept the pawls from fully engaging in the teeth.

If you do get one take it apart and remove the grease. Replace with something like Phil Wood Tenacious Oil. Good 'ol 30wt would be better than the grease.

Mike

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I had heard of the free hubs stripping. Hmmm. Im not very heavy, but i will be sure to take it apart and put some heavy oil in there instead. They probably packed it with grease to deaden the sound?

I really cant afford a hadley or DT hub right now. Jenson has a ringle hub for 126, but my ringle hub just broke, so im not so sure i want to go back to another one.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I've heard way too many horror stories with Atomlabs. Wouldn't touch it.

Hope Bulbs are sick hubs for under $200. Convertable from QR to 12mm TA, sealed bearings, and the parts are easy to come by. I've got one and love it.

If you are going the custom route, Hadley/Hope/DT Swiss seem like the good choice. I don't think much touches Hope hubs in the price range of $200-

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
H A D L E Y. if you don't have enough money right now just save your change for a month. you won't be sorry. DO NOT buy a ringle because it will break and there's a good chance customer service will be nowhere to be found.... cash down the drain. i'd tell my horror story but i don't feel like typing it now.

if you're desperate tho i have heard a lot of really good things about Hope hubs. but there's a site that sells Hadleys for 235. just wait, it's worth it.