Quantcast

Atomlab GI Bars?

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
What's the word on these bars? i have heard of one person bending them but i'm unsure of how strong they are. i bent my LTD race bars really badly and have been running alum. bars ever since. i'm running a rigid up front so i need something that take impacts well..so lets here it

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
I bent my GI bars downward like a sport bike about 3 weeks after I got them. They were butter soft. I'm using Eastern 22.2mm bars now and they are VERY strong.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Eastern 22.2 bars - are those only available on completes - or you can buy seperately?

What gauge were the GI bars? .049's will bend pretty easily, .063 wall should hold up save for the burliest crashes.

I bent my GI bars downward like a sport bike about 3 weeks after I got them. They were butter soft. I'm using Eastern 22.2mm bars now and they are VERY strong.

cornfed

Monkey
Jul 30, 2007
I borrowed the Eastern bars from a team rider last summer when my GI bars bent. I don't really know anything more about them besides the fact that they have a great feel and they're strong.

My GI bars were .065 gauge.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
atomlab steel bars are made from junk steel, bend easily and weight a ton for how soft they are. if your looking for nice steel bars, seriously peep the nem pro bars. perfect rise, nice bends (takes some for and aft movement to find your money spot) and any width ya want em! I have been running them on 3 bikes since the spring and have only slightly bent one pair and that was completely my fault (horrible landing to slight bend to 20ft bike toss to concrete)

GuettoBlaster

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Ghetto...of course
Have you tried John Jesme bars?...the cig bars are gnarly...perfect size nice backsweep and pretty strong...I've seen the man himself putting some work on those and they held'up damn good!

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
atomlab steel bars are made from junk steel, bend easily and weight a ton for how soft they are.
Wow! Man I have heard of representing your sponsors but this is pretty rough ,Man I know this Mike @ Atomlab dosen't use "Junk steel" I have run these bars and yes they bent after about 5 months but that is what steel bars do. Thanks for the kind words about the Atomlab products.
"Saw"

GuettoBlaster

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Ghetto...of course
Wow! Man I have heard of representing your sponsors but this is pretty rough ,Man I know this Mike @ Atomlab dosen't use "Junk steel" I have run these bars and yes they bent after about 5 months but that is what steel bars do. Thanks for the kind words about the Atomlab products.
"Saw"

I'm with you Saw...atomlab been making killer BMX and MTB parts for years and years...they'll never use cheap material for nothing,especially for handlebars...and Mike sure knows what his doing!!!