Quantcast

Atomlab Trailpimp Pedals?

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
just wondering if anyone has these or has spent any time on them. they are very interesting to me..since they are so basic and wouldn't hurt your shin at all since there are no pins? i like a pretty grippy pedal though...so whats the verdict? every atomlab product i have ever tried or owned has been great. :monkeydance:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
actually, I am sure they would still hurt your shins. but i'd probably check em out. I've got a pair of aircorps laying around that need new c-clips, bearings, and spindles. my friend broke a spindle and gave them to me. I think he had over tightened the nut on the end of the spindle.

these trailpimps look good though.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
actually, I am sure they would still hurt your shins. but i'd probably check em out. I've got a pair of aircorps laying around that need new c-clips, bearings, and spindles. my friend broke a spindle and gave them to me. I think he had over tightened the nut on the end of the spindle.

these trailpimps look good though.
ya, i should of worded the shin comment differently...they probably wouldn't do nearly as much damage as allen head pins do is more what i was looking for. part of me really wants to try them out..

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
which pedals are you looking at now? I'm always confused by their names... are you talking about their cage pedal version? I don't know about that one...

but the new cast one looks really cool, super low profile (claimed lowest of any other cast pedal) available in limited colors too and the price is right! (less than half the cost of their cnc'ed pedals...)

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
ive heard people say mixed reviews about hte buldges for the bearings...:espec:
is this an assumption?
"heard" is the word of the turd, man, as in "BS".

they just came out!! this was a shot from Sea Otter...

But yeah, I can see where you're comin' from.
I don't think they would effect your stance though. If anything, they may give a feel of a bit more concave if you could feel it at all. I think taking an overall thinner profile is a much higher advantage than worrying about the end bulges.
But hey, that's why they sell the TrailPimp pedals too, cnc'ed with no bulges, just for you man!