Quantcast

Atomlab Wheels

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
Laced pimplites to my stock hubs are they are awesome. Only been on them for around a month and a half. Re-tentioned them after the first ride and now they are golden. Pretty hard on them at first too, learning 180's off bigger stuff and and other under and over done spins and they are still straight. Definitely a wise investment!

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
you cant go wrong with em at all. iam rocking the pimp lites on my dj rig and they are strong as hell handleing my hackstyle of riding and casing. had a set off pimps on my DH rig for years and they held up just fine as well and iam awaiting my new set of pimps for my new DH rig. i wouldnt ride any other wheel set hands down.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'm running an atomlab pimp rear hub. I'm not overly thrilled with the way the engagement feels, but for the cost I think it is a very good value and it seems very sturdy. I really like the option to run a QR or use the bolts they provide. The bolts seem to really lock the wheel down and stiffen things up nicely and I never have to worry about accidentally releasing the QR. It gives everything a nice low profile look.

One problem I did run into when I first built the wheel and threw on a cassette is that I found there is not enough clearance to get a cassette tool on there to tighten the cassette without taking off the aluminum nut that holds on the free hub. I discovered this by accident when I threaded on the cassette lock ring on by hand. I found that I couldn't tighten it further with the tool. Not good. After a bit of a struggle I managed to get the nut off, and tighten the cassette, and put the nut back on. Let me tell you, getting that nut off, with the lockring partially on was a royal bitch + 1/2. Once the cassette lockring is on tight, there is plenty of room to get at the nut. Otherwise your life sucks.

DCRAC3R

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Washington STATE
I have the atomlab BMX race cassette wheel set on my race bike and it is by far one of the strongest smoothest (not the lightest though) wheel sets.