Quantcast

Attempted eBay phishing. Grrr.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
My fun email to eBay:

While I was at work today I decided to login to my eBay account to check my auctions. After the standard eBay login screen, I went directly to a blatant phishing page asking for my ATM PINs, SSN, bank account numbers, etc. I didn't fill it out, but I believe my account information was compromised (ID and password) during the login. Funny thing is that the address bar displayed the ebay.com url the entire time. Trying to login again did the same thing. Is this possibly a virus/worm on the machine itself, or was eBay hacked?

Anyway, I rushed home, logged in (everything worked) and immediately changed my password. Are there anymore steps I need to take to secure my account?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
maxyedor said:
Why do they have internet access at a sandwich shop? Seems a little bit un-needed.
Currently we just run a webserver for online ordering, but we're in the process of switching everything over to a touch-screen based ordering system that integrates with the POS and inventory and electronic payment.

That's why we need it.

:p

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
blue said:
Currently we just run a webserver for online ordering, but we're in the process of switching everything over to a touch-screen based ordering system that integrates with the POS and inventory and electronic payment.

That's why we need it.

Who knew bread with meat, cheese and vegies could be so complicated?

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
blue said:

That's why we need it.

Subway?