Quantcast

Attention: Big Bikes Wanted in Bellingham for the Pedal

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
As I was contemplating the possibility of a DFL- Dead F******g Last I remembered they have a section at the Pedal for Big Bikes-That means a section just set up for RM's with 40 pound bikes. Unfortunately sometimes no one enters it-kind of like female Clydes. I was kind of hoping a couple of RM's would enter this class and save me from a DFL. :p Hey if you guys can pedal around Mt St Helens you can surely pedal around the Pedal course. It was built by a bunch of guys who call themselves "Whimps"

Of course you might get a DFL. ;)

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
I am considering it, and believe me I would get DFL... unless I moved my Shiver to my HT that bike wouldn't pass the requirements, so I'd be stuck on the Lenz... be nice and comfy but KILL me on the uphills... as long as it's just one lap I might do it, I heard they were still up in the air about how many laps and can't find an answer to that anywhere on their site, some places say 2 others say 1. Mark said 1 on galbraithmt.com but that was back in June.

I might be down.. you doing it?

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
I am racing obviously, stepping up from Sport to Expert. Just kidding about the big bikes since they are starting at a different time. I do think there is a possibility that I will be DFL at least among my age group. I hope to stay ahead of the women. The Big Bike category is pretty wide open, I think you win it if you enter it since sometimes it doesnt get any entries. The website says two laps for the big bikes, and I am guessing they are talking 40 pounds for a big bike. They start at 1147 behind the Clydes. The number of laps is kind of goofy like clydes do 3 which is ok while expert women 40-49 do two. I hope it dries out over there.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Hmmm been a while since I did that course to even know what I am getting myself into. Two laps on a big bike is enough to make you want to hurl... now if I was on a bike with 5 & 5 I'd probably be fine... but a full blown dh rig... I might be in over my head.